Thoughts on Carnival's Everglades Experience w/ Airport Transfer?

MNJewels

Has anyone done this Everglades tour with airport transfer offered by Carnival? Is is the tour worthwhile? The airboat sounds cool. Thoughts?

------------

Carnival's Everglades Experience w/ Airport Transfer

Take time before your flight home for an adventure through South Florida’s unique Eco system. 3 hours.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a short ride to the park in the heart of the Florida Everglades.
  • Board an airboat and glide across the Everglades at speeds of up to 50 MPH.
  • View alligators, birds and other native wildlife as your captain explains a little bit about this unique ecosystem and the effect it has on South Florida.
  • Return to the park for an alligator and wildlife show.

• 9 months later...
Has anyone done this Everglades tour with airport transfer offered by Carnival? Is is the tour worthwhile? The airboat sounds cool. Thoughts?

------------

Carnival's Everglades Experience w/ Airport Transfer

Take time before your flight home for an adventure through South Florida’s unique Eco system. 3 hours.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a short ride to the park in the heart of the Florida Everglades.
  • Board an airboat and glide across the Everglades at speeds of up to 50 MPH.
  • View alligators, birds and other native wildlife as your captain explains a little bit about this unique ecosystem and the effect it has on South Florida.
  • Return to the park for an alligator and wildlife show.

I was looking for this same info, but no one ever replied. Has anyone done this?

I can tell you that any airboat ride is great. The Everglades are very unique, the wildlife you encounter is quite magnificent. Some operators let you off the airboat in the middle of the everglades, to let you walk around a bit, a really eery feeling, it's sooo quiet out there.

I wouldn't hesitate to take the Carnival tour.

/////////////////////

• 4 months later...

This was a wonderful excursion. I booked it when we were on the cruise. Made getting off the ship easy - had a wonderful trip to the Everglades - amazing sight! And then they took us and our bags to the airport by 1:00pm. - no problems at all. But will say - Miami Airport at 1:15pm is an amazing sight all by itself - YUCK!

Thank you for this thread , we were looking for the same information. We are going to try that, but Carnival won't let us book it online , we have to wait until we get onboard the ship to book it. \

Cori

We did this post-cruise because our flight didn't leave until later that evening and we wanted an easy way to kill time, store our luggage and get to the airport. It worked out great. It also made embarkation easier for us, no fighting crowds for a cab. :)

The ride takes about 30 minutes. The tour starts at a combination gift shop/convenience store/roadside attraction. There is an alligator show, the alligator seemed a little tired of the game to be honest. :p That part was just OK. The actual airboat ride in the Everglades was great! It was rainy and a little cool the day we went, but we still managed to see some wildlife, including a couple alligators. Be sure to bring your camera and in the warmer months I would recommend bug spray.

We just took that tour last month after getting off the Liberty. We loved it also. Even though it was kind of cool and cloudy at times, we got to see quite a few alligators, very close up. Almost too close. Got some great pictures.

The second day of the cruise, we went to the tour desk and booked it. It was $45. per person.

They had 3 buses from the ship headed there.

I would do it again if I had a late flight.

We did the Everglades tour last year from FLL after our Liberty cruise and thought it was a great way to spend some time before our flight. It was also available last week on our Valor cruise out of Miami. Any of the post-cruise excursions have to be booked on board, but there was no problem with doing that. Last week we did the Miami Seaquarium post-cruise tour with transfer to Miami International; passengers from both Valor and Victory were on the tour.

Do they handle your luggage for you and deliver it to the airport after the Liberty cruise?

The luggage all goes on the bus with you, stored underneath. When you get to the airport (I'm assuming FLL), they'll call out the airlines at each terminal, then unload the bags for that terminal. It can be a bit confusing when you get off the bus - last year, one of our suitcases was mixed in with the suitcases for another terminal. Make sure you have all your bags. (I have since marked all our bags with bright pink duct tape.:o)

• 2 months later...

THANK YOU for posting this information! We don't leave until 4:30, so I wanted to do SOMETHING, and we've previously done the "we could do such and such, but what would we do with our luggage" thing. Sounds like this handles that problem and gives us something unique to do after the cruise! Thanks again!

Just wanted to chime in... this is a great way to kill time before an afternoon flight. We've done it twice, and with the kids in tow, it's SOOOOO nice to have someplace secure to put the bags while enjoying the last day of vacation.

Archived