QE2 In Panama Canal

JPM06

Thanks .....a couple of years a go I did the Panama Canal on QE2 & it is fantastic....its the entire day & one I'll never forget.....if you want to do it - go for it.

I met people from a RSSC ship that sailed through the locks alongside QE2 - they said they were jealous!!!!!

Bringing back some fantastic memories. The QE2 always gets a large crowd of locals watching her go through. I can remember the Captain saying that she hates to go through the canal and the tugs have to push her into the locks like a nervous racehorse going into the starting gate. Would love to be back on that beautiful ship now.

I grabed the QE2 webcam images for the transit and converted them to a video file, it is saved at:

http://www.geocities.com/shipcruisecam/data/qe2_070115panama.zip

It is on geocities so there is an hourly download limit : so if you cannot get the file to download, try again an hour later!

THANKS for that transat_jon that was FANTASTIC...it bought back memories of my 2006 transit and has been permanently added to my photoalbum....(with a credit to you of course!)

roscoe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived