Limo Service from IAH to Galveston?

pmcue

Absolutely, positively do NOT use Extreme Elegance. We've used limos to/from the airport and ships for over 6 years and have never been treated like they did nor have we ever seen such unkempt-looking limos. We're not the only ones on this board either - there have been many who have had similar problems with them.

Looks like you do have one good recommendation though. If they've used that limo service repeatedly, then they're probably a great option for you. :)

We also booked with Extreem Elegence in Nov 2006. We spent the night before in Houston and the morning of the cruise they called and first said that they would be late due to a bridge closure in Galveston. They had taken an earlier group to Galveston from the airport. About an hour later, now the time they were to be picking us up, they called back and indicated the car was broken down. They made no offer or attempt to try to locate alternate accomodations. If we wanted to know what was happening we had to call them.

Finally, thanks to the great staff at the Marriott Hobby Airport, we found alternate transportation. We ended up with a van and an suv. The suv driver was very good and accomodating. He was quite reasonable. I saved his card for future reference. If you are interested in an suv he is an independant operator and is very knowledgeable about the area. He has over the years driven extensively for execs of Enron and many folks from NASA. He was quite interesting.

We are using Gulf Coast Limousine Services Inc. For the third time in Feb. They have treated us very well!!

I just contacted them for a quote from IAH to Galveston.....$246.50 each way! Needless to say, I declined.

I booked a rental car to and from Galveston and saved a couple hundred dollars. :D

Absolutely, positively do NOT use Extreme Elegance. We've used limos to/from the airport and ships for over 6 years and have never been treated like they did nor have we ever seen such unkempt-looking limos. We're not the only ones on this board either - there have been many who have had similar problems with them.

May I ask you to tell me about why you so strongly suggest not using Extreme Elegance?

There are 8 of us taking a cruise in February and we have booked with them. I'm quite concerned now and would just like to hear what happened to you (what and when) so that we can figure out what we may need to do. Thank you in advance.

Mike:)

DetectiveMom I am glad you saved money but the post was about a limo service. I didn't say that they were cheap I just said they were good. Sorry if I miss led you.

As far Extreme Elegance, we used them for our first leg of our first cruise. We had them booked both ways but after the trouble we had with them on the arrival we canceled and took our chances with the transfers. They were over 2 hours late and every time we called they said they were right around the corner. The driver told us that he was called in because theydidn't have a driver!!! No customer service.

jarayph do you mind if I ask when this took place?

I have spoken with a gentleman named Ray at Extreme Elegance who assures me that all previous service issues have been resolved. I'm just trying to get a timeline to see if I need to be making other plans.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter as I am responsible for the transportation of eight people and their belongings.

I have spoken with a gentleman named Ray at Extreme Elegance who assures me that all previous service issues have been resolved. I'm just trying to get a timeline to see if I need to be making other plans.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter as I am responsible for the transportation of eight people and their belongings.

Ray is the same exact person that booked our extended SUV limo for all 7 of us and left us in the lurch on disembarkation day. Not only had I called & made the reservation & called again to re-confirm, but my friend did also. Everything was all in order.

We had flights to catch and his wife (or whatever female it is that answers their phone) said that they had rented the extended SUV out to someone else. She wanted to send 2 gross, junky 8 passenger limos instead. The whole reason we booked the SUV was so we could all spend the last few hours together on the way to the airport.

After awhile, she called & said she couldn't send the 2 limos, but would send a Continental and ONE junky old limo - all for the much, much higher SUV limo!!! And, they wouldn't be there for "awhile" when we had planes to catch!

I would never, ever do business with a company that treats clients like that. "Good luck!" is all I can say.

Ray is the same exact person that booked our extended SUV limo for all 7 of us and left us in the lurch on disembarkation day. Not only had I called & made the reservation & called again to re-confirm, but my friend did also. Everything was all in order.

We had flights to catch and his wife (or whatever female it is that answers their phone) said that they had rented the extended SUV out to someone else. She wanted to send 2 gross, junky 8 passenger limos instead. The whole reason we booked the SUV was so we could all spend the last few hours together on the way to the airport.

After awhile, she called & said she couldn't send the 2 limos, but would send a Continental and ONE junky old limo - all for the much, much higher SUV limo!!! And, they wouldn't be there for "awhile" when we had planes to catch!

I would never, ever do business with a company that treats clients like that. "Good luck!" is all I can say.

http://gulfcoastlimo.com/

this is a great company....check out gulfcoast departure site for my entire write up about the great service we received

Maybe a silly question deec; but if there are 8 of us where will they put the luggage? Pile it inside the limo with us or do they have a separate vehicle?

Thanks

For limos, we've had 8, 10, 12, 14 passenger ones and also a Ford Excursion extended SUV.

IMO, we were very squished in the 8 & 10 passenger limos and there were only 4 of us. We had 5 big pieces of luggage. The trunks are very small on these limos. Some of the luggage was put up front with the driver and some inside with us. We avoid the 8 & 10 passengers ones like the plague.

The 12 & 14 passenger limos are comfortable for 4 people, maybe 5, but that's pushing it, IMO. Even the extended SUV limo for 7 of us was a tight fit with all the luggage.

I cannot even imagine getting 8 people in one limo with luggage!!!! That's crazy! Could end up looking like the clowns in the tiny car at the circus! :D

May I ask you to tell me about why you so strongly suggest not using Extreme Elegance?

There are 8 of us taking a cruise in February and we have booked with them. I'm quite concerned now and would just like to hear what happened to you (what and when) so that we can figure out what we may need to do. Thank you in advance.

I've used them four times for our party of ten. We have four adults and six kids. They have taken us from Hobby to both Houston ports and back to the airport. I've never had any trouble with them being late. True the limo's aren't super new, but they've charged us only $100.00 each time. No one else was even willing to put us all in one car. I've been totally happy with them and will be using them again in February.

Jose with South Houston Limo. AWESOME!!! The Marriot also told us about him, Excellent very helpful, Last time I talked to him he was expanding his fleet will be able to transport up to 20 ppl. I suggest calling him.

Archived