Limo Service from IAH to Galveston?

pmcue

It says there's a new post to this thread but it isn't showing up. Some times another post will flush it out.

Here goes!

Mark,

Yes, that is just one of the "troubles" the board is having right now. Please see the Announcement from Cruise Critic Community Assistant KimberlyB above: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=414&a=89.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

We are booked on the grand out of Galveston in March. I have booked with Sam's Limousines - never used them before, but we are a group of 12 plus luggage and they have what they call a party bus on their website that looks like the shuttles they use at the airport when they transport people to the car rental terminals - only theirs is done in leather, with a bar, star gazer ceiling - looks great - don't know if anyone else has used them or has a comment. I had tried books with anrgd. limos and they didn't have a vehicle large enough to accommodate us as we want to travel together. They recommended Sam's, which I thought was very good of them. I also tried Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle and while the gentleman who runs it was very nice, he didn't have a large enough vehicle.

Would love to hear from anyone who has used Sam's Limousines.

Yaya Cruiser

We booked an 8 person transfer with NRGD Limo for our cruise 1/20/07. In all fairness, our transfer to the port from the Marriott in Houston was fine. Betty arrived on-time with a nice white limo that seated 4 adults and 4 kids comfortably, included water and sodas and Betty fit in ALL our luggage. She even found us a store for a quick beverage stop en-route to the port ;)

The problem was return to IAH following our cruise. We scheduled a 9 a.m. pickup at the port, and agreed to call Betty's cell phone upon debarkation to confirm pickup. She did NOT answer either number we had for her AND both voice mail boxes were FULL! Hopefully she's OK?? - I never heard anything from her :(

We waited 45 minutes for her, trying to call continuously, then gave up and hired a full-size taxi van willing to take us to IAH in plenty of time to catch our 1 p.m. flight.

Reliability is an important aspect when travelling, especially with kids along. Therefore I do NOT recommend NRGD Limos.

Jose with South Houston Limo. AWESOME!!! The Marriot also told us about him, Excellent very helpful, Last time I talked to him he was expanding his fleet will be able to transport up to 20 ppl. I suggest calling him.

Definitely agree about Jose, he's wonderful!! We used him Christmas 2005. He was waiting for us in baggage claim when we got off the plane, with a clean comfortable SUV, took us to our hotel. The next morning was right on time with a cooler full of drinks and newspapers for us to read as we drove to Galveston. Coming back, I called on my cellphone as we got off the ship, and he was waiting right outside the door for us. Again he had a cooler of drinks for us, and items for us to read. A true gentleman, very polite and knowledgeable.

Archived