Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Can't help you on the clues or pointers but I'd say that if you're old enough to drink you'll find tons of people to hang out with. Also, check your sailings roll call on the roll call forum. That's a great way to meet people before you leave and some of them will probably be the same age or traveling with those the same age.

As for TCU - oh yeah, I'm a fan of the purple and white. I graduated from there in 1997.

Thanks for the information and as for tcu I have been a TCU fan my whole life. I am hoping that after i leave my college i am at now I will be going there.

My husband loves to wear his LSU hat on our cruises to see the different reactions people have. You would be suprised how many people really love LSU!!! Go Tigers!! Thank you for the great information on these ports. We have been to all these ports, but it will be the first time with our girls going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I was born and raised in Moss Bluff and lived there my whole life until last May moving to Houston for my husbands job. My parents and most all of my family still live there. I do love Houston, but miss my friends and family. Thank you again for the information!!!:D

We're looking at booking 1/11 or 2/1 and wondering what room selection everyone recommends. I've stayed in an Oceanview before and am currently looking at that again or Balcony. I wasn't sure if the balcony was really worth it or not.

Thanks!

We're looking at booking 1/11 or 2/1 and wondering what room selection everyone recommends. I've stayed in an Oceanview before and am currently looking at that again or Balcony. I wasn't sure if the balcony was really worth it or not.

Thanks!

We're spoiled on balcony cabins. Our first trip last year was great. Although I would pick an OS because of price on a certain cruise, we really love having a balcony. So do my friends that get an IS. They seem to migrate over to our cabin for a drink or just to visit. Try one if you can.:cool:

Does anyone know how many bottles of liquor we can legally bring back from the cruise? When you walk over the border bridge and then return from Mexico, you can only bring 1 liter bottle per adult. But, I've heard that coming back from this cruise we'll be allowed to bring 2 bottles per adult. Is that right?

Does anyone know how many bottles of liquor we can legally bring back from the cruise? When you walk over the border bridge and then return from Mexico, you can only bring 1 liter bottle per adult. But, I've heard that coming back from this cruise we'll be allowed to bring 2 bottles per adult. Is that right?

It is the same rule. It's one.

Can someone tell me if there is a height limit for the slide on the Conquest? I need to see if I need to stuff my daughters watershoes! (kidding...no flaming please)

There is a sign stating so....couldn't tell you how high it was though. I just know I made it.:)

Our understanding was that Texas residents are only allowed one liter per person. Residents of other states are allowed 2 liters tax free, but can bring a third if they pay duty on the third bottle. Some Texas people were actually looking for people to carry their excess through customs for them. I believe the rules are somewhere on the Carnival website.

Thanks for the information and as for tcu I have been a TCU fan my whole life. I am hoping that after i leave my college i am at now I will be going there.

If you've loved TCU your whole life than you are already part of the frog family!!

Enjoy your cruise and remember if you'll be drinking do it responsibly. In other words...have someone else paying for the drinks!!

Our understanding was that Texas residents are only allowed one liter per person. Residents of other states are allowed 2 liters tax free, but can bring a third if they pay duty on the third bottle. Some Texas people were actually looking for people to carry their excess through customs for them. I believe the rules are somewhere on the Carnival website.

If you are a TX resident then you can only bring 2 bottles(liters):mad: per person. If you are any other state it is 5 bottles(liters).

If you are a TX resident then you can only bring 2 bottles(liters):mad: per person. If you are any other state it is 5 bottles(liters).

My sister and I cruised Conquest in October 2007 and being from Texas, we were informed we were only allowed 1 bottle each and 1 was all we bought.

My sister and I cruised Conquest in October 2007 and being from Texas, we were informed we were only allowed 1 bottle each and 1 was all we bought.

That has been our experience also, Texas residents are limited to one liter by state law.

The five liters mentioned by the above poster doesn't apply to the Conquest either. To qualify for the five liter exemption you must go to an insular territory like Puerto Rico or the USVI and purchase atleast 1 liter from from a producer in an insular possession. No Conquest itineraries visit any of these places so it isn't relevant to the Conquest thread.

WOW, SHEYRL!

Reading this made me feel so good. 5x's! We are out on her in 52 days~~~~doing a happy dance~~~~!!!!

Would you know if there is a pool table on board?...re:traveling w/ 4 men and they want to know)

Kathie

ps...(im sure your gonna hear from me in the next 52 days!....have you created a monster?)

OK, going October 12th...looking for any information and pics of cabin 1009....inside outside pics...any and all please. Wife and I have been on one other cruise and it was with the teens 10 years ago, now we will party ourselves.......

If you've loved TCU your whole life than you are already part of the frog family!!

Enjoy your cruise and remember if you'll be drinking do it responsibly. In other words...have someone else paying for the drinks!!

I love that idea. My mom is always telling me that I bleed purple and I told her that I was normal and everyone else wasnt. Because she says she bleeds purple.

What time does Sur mer start serving on embarkation day? I think I remember someone saying 1pm. Thanks!

From my Capers:

Embarkation Lunch

12:00pm - 3:00pm..........Restaurant Cezanne, Deck 9

Enjoy Oriental fare from P.C.'s Wok, fresh sandwiches from

Paul's Deli, steaks and burgers from The Grille & Sur Mer

Seafood Delights (located on upper level of lido restaurant)

......................Nation of the Day "Italian"