Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

[quote name='shoppntchr']It is not really a fridge, more like a cooler. We usually have it unlocked and stow the stuff in the drawers under the coach so we can use it for our personal things. When getting ready to go, we restock it with their items.[/quote]

That would be great if the IS has a little fridge. Can you just have the stuff removed?:confused:

[quote name='Angelamu7']That would be great if the IS has a little fridge. Can you just have the stuff removed?:confused:[/quote]

Last time I asked the steward to remove the items inside, and he just took them out and put them in a cabinet next to it. When getting ready to leave, I just restocked it myself.

please help me decide. we are booked in a oceanview room on the riveria deck for 3 people, the room size is 220 square feet. we were thinking of moving up to a balcony but they are only 185 square feet can anyone whos been in both tell me is it really that much smaller in a balcony.
its 2 adults and a 12 yr old i hate feeling crowded. also if you were to book a balcony what deck would you get i was thinking of the empress deck. also is the 430.00 total price difference worth it.
its our 4th cruise but never with 3 in a room or never in a balcony
we have done ov inside and port hole and loved them all.

[quote name='sarapdot']My question got buried and lost.

Does anyone know if there are hairdryers in the spa shower area?[/quote]

I know the facilities are really nice, but I am not sure if I saw hair dryers are not. Sorry!

[quote name='mudpievelour']Last time I asked the steward to remove the items inside, and he just took them out and put them in a cabinet next to it. When getting ready to leave, I just restocked it myself.[/quote]

What's in there?

[quote name='stellatj']please help me decide. we are booked in a oceanview room on the riveria deck for 3 people, the room size is 220 square feet. we were thinking of moving up to a balcony but they are only 185 square feet can anyone whos been in both tell me is it really that much smaller in a balcony.
its 2 adults and a 12 yr old i hate feeling crowded. also if you were to book a balcony what deck would you get i was thinking of the empress deck. also is the 430.00 total price difference worth it.
its our 4th cruise but never with 3 in a room or never in a balcony
we have done ov inside and port hole and loved them all.[/quote]
The price differance to me is a bit steep. The only time all 3 of you will be in there for a long amount of time is when you are going to bed. The balcony room itself has less square feet but when you add the balcony space it really does make a differance. If you don't plan on using balcony much I would stick to OV.Just my opinion.:)

Another poster said she found this on the Carnival website:

A beautiful meal is nothing less than a work of art. Enjoy an elegant, delectable and undeniably delicious dining experience in the Renoir or Monet Dining Rooms, which now feature open seating. Sink your teeth into a meal that will leave the best of impressions.

So is this for real? Does this mean there are no assigned tables on Conquest anymore??

[quote name='ADD Boy']Another poster said she found this on the Carnival website:

A beautiful meal is nothing less than a work of art. Enjoy an elegant, delectable and undeniably delicious dining experience in the Renoir or Monet Dining Rooms, which now feature open seating. Sink your teeth into a meal that will leave the best of impressions.

So is this for real? Does this mean there are no assigned tables on Conquest anymore??[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_conquest/ship_highlights.htm[/url]

[quote name='GUYnTEXAS']The open seating option does not start on The Conquest until 4/26. You still have the choice of assigned seating with set times as well. Just more options which is always better![/QUOTE]

it doesnt say a date, it is on there now in the ships highlights....can you link to where it says a date it starts?

I also see this on the Carnival web site- and no mention of it being in the future. What does this actually mean? No assigned seats no assigned times? Just no assigned seats? No assigned table staff? Scrambling around to find a table where 4 can be seated together? Eating sometime between opening and closing time in the MDR? Is this a good thing or a hassle?

[quote name='5waldos']I also see this on the Carnival web site- and no mention of it being in the future. What does this actually mean? No assigned seats no assigned times? Just no assigned seats? No assigned table staff? Scrambling around to find a table where 4 can be seated together? Eating sometime between opening and closing time in the MDR? Is this a good thing or a hassle?[/QUOTE]

it would be a hassle for our group of 11! :eek:
now more than ever we are DYING to talk to the cruisers from this week!!:o

[quote name='232271']it would be a hassle for our group of 11! :eek:
now more than ever we are DYING to talk to the cruisers from this week!!:o[/QUOTE]

Maybe they all hated it and are afraid to come and tell us?? This is unexpected. Maybe we all need to go to the Carnival website and read everything carefully- wonder what else is lurking there?

[quote name='GUYnTEXAS']The open seating option does not start on The Conquest until 4/26. You still have the choice of assigned seating with set times as well. Just more options which is always better![/QUOTE]

That's interesting. We just booked our June trip on the Conquest about two weeks ago, and the PVP asked if we wanted early or late seating. If it's being changed 2 months before our trip, wouldn't he have known that?

Will both dining rooms be open seating, or just one of them? With open seating, it's kind of hard for the Matre 'D to make their usual announcements at the beginning of dinner and have the waiters all sing on the last night if everyone is coming in at different times.

[quote name='renalrn']Hi!
I'm a nurse/mom from TX also; booked on conquest 2/15 due to the new itin.,traveling with DH, trying to talk brother and wife into this trip as well.
Can not wait, have sailed Celebrity and RCCL, have an NCL booked for Alaska in August, but I'm a carnival virgin. Hope to see you there![/QUOTE]

Almost time!!! Please do give us a full report on that iten. when you get back! We will be on in July.

elizabeth

[quote name='PlanoDebbie']That's interesting. We just booked our June trip on the Conquest about two weeks ago, and the PVP asked if we wanted early or late seating. If it's being changed 2 months before our trip, wouldn't he have known that?

Will both dining rooms be open seating, or just one of them? With open seating, it's kind of hard for the Matre 'D to make their usual announcements at the beginning of dinner and have the waiters all sing on the last night if everyone is coming in at different times.[/quote]

Here is what I have found out about the dinning since it starts on my sailing 4/26.

It is a choice you will have, assinged (early or late) OR open. It is not like the NCL where you have no choice just open.

I like the idea of being able to reserve like 6:30 or 7:00 instead of the 6:00 dinner time...we will see.

[quote name='Angelamu7']Here is what I have found out about the dinning since it starts on my sailing 4/26.

It is a choice you will have, assinged (early or late) OR open. It is not like the NCL where you have no choice just open.

I like the idea of being able to reserve like 6:30 or 7:00 instead of the 6:00 dinner time...we will see.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm not in panic mode; it sounds like we can still choose to be seated at a confirmed table each night.

Still wondering where the 2/1 reviews are?????