Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Ill be in that exact room next week, Ill let you know.

I just got off the conquest today and we were on deck 8, 8267. The balconies are separated by a partition, but you can still see through the gaps and you can hear everything that's going on. The couple on the left side of us argued the whole time and they just didn't care who heard them. The balcony seems to be the go to place to smoke as well. I doubt that anyone can see from above or below unless you are hanging out over the railing.

Yes there are blowdryers' date=' but I hear they aren't very powerful and it's best to bring your own.[/quote']

They are small and if you have long or thick hair you will want to bring your own. You have to hold the button at all times to keep it on. Some people have written they use a rubber band around handle to keep button down while using. I just bring mine. :)

They are small and if you have long or thick hair you will want to bring your own. You have to hold the button at all times to keep it on. Some people have written they use a rubber band around handle to keep button down while using. I just bring mine. :)

Hey that's a good idea! I never thought about bringing a rubber band!

I normally bring my own. I have long hair and it takes for ever to dry my hair with the blow dryers that carnival provides.

Somebody from another thread in the Grand Cayman port of calls asked a question about tenders. I posted w/my reply but I asked a question. I thought that I would post my question here as well b/c I know someone on here would know! :D

Originally Posted by Crystalbast viewpost.gif

How does Carnival handle tender tickets for people who don't sign up for their excursions? What time can you pick up your ticket and where do you have to go? I have signed up for a snorkeling excursion with Native Way Watersports and need to meet them by 8:30a. Will it be a problem?

Thanks!

Basically my question was after I waited on carnival to pass out the tender passes I went to floor 0 to get onto the ferry. However when I went down there no one never asked for my ticket. Does one actully have to have a tender pass??

Can anyone tell me if the forward cabins on the empress have a lot of motion. We booked a guarantee balcony two months ago and were assigned a cabin two days ago-Empress deck-cabin 7208 right on the front. I am a little concerned about wind and motion. If anyone has ever stayed in any of the forward cabins, please let me know how you liked them. My mother and sister are also joining me. My mom is 81 and I don't want her to get sea sick. If we change cabins it will cost an additional $220 and I feel that is too much. I do know that I will not book a guarantee again. I could have picked the cabin at the same price I paid for a quarantee, but was told that a guarantee would possibly get us an upgrade N.....OT. I feel like we received what was left in a lower catagory because we did not pay near what the cabins are going for now. Anyway I would appreciate any info anyone can give me about these forward cabins. Thank you

Barb

Great room, stayed there 4 years ago. Only problem, while in port the door slamming will drive ya nuts. Door to ouside deck slams shut when ship not moving. I noticed very little motion.

Somebody from another thread in the Grand Cayman port of calls asked a question about tenders. I posted w/my reply but I asked a question. I thought that I would post my question here as well b/c I know someone on here would know! :D

Originally Posted by Crystalbast viewpost.gif

How does Carnival handle tender tickets for people who don't sign up for their excursions? What time can you pick up your ticket and where do you have to go? I have signed up for a snorkeling excursion with Native Way Watersports and need to meet them by 8:30a. Will it be a problem?

Thanks!

Basically my question was after I waited on carnival to pass out the tender passes I went to floor 0 to get onto the ferry. However when I went down there no one never asked for my ticket. Does one actully have to have a tender pass??

I wouldn't bother with the tender tickets. My group of six got up early to get them and then when we got to floor 0 everyone was just getting on the tender anyway. They didn't check your ticket or you excursions. They were just letting whoever showed up get on and the line was already extremely long.

I wouldn't bother with the tender tickets. My group of six got up early to get them and then when we got to floor 0 everyone was just getting on the tender anyway. They didn't check your ticket or you excursions. They were just letting whoever showed up get on and the line was already extremely long.

Thanks for the quick response!!:) At least now i know that i don't have to wait in line for the tender tickets.

It seems lately that they have the cabin area closed off with the doors so you can not get to your cabin to drop your carryon bags anymore until they open the doors and that is usually around noon or 1pm....

It was 1:30 pm the last two conquest cruises Iv been on. I was surprised it was so late, because RCL lets you go to your cabin by 1 pm. I was last on in May, and the doors actually didnt get opened by 1:30, but shortly thereafter.

Hey that's a good idea! I never thought about bringing a rubber band!

I normally bring my own. I have long hair and it takes for ever to dry my hair with the blow dryers that carnival provides.

Hi Laura! We were on the Conquest together last year! How y'all been? Which ship are you going on next? We are booked on the "new and improved" Conquest in September. Looking forward to the Mongolian Grill and "my time" dining. :cool: Not so much the big screen.

If I remember correctly, we did not need passes last year for tenders. and we were not booked thru Carnival for our excursion.

It was 1:30 pm the last two conquest cruises Iv been on. I was surprised it was so late, because RCL lets you go to your cabin by 1 pm. I was last on in May, and the doors actually didnt get opened by 1:30, but shortly thereafter.

We were on in July. The stated time for the doors to open was 1:30. I think it was a bit later. There were lots of people waiting.