Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Is it safe to wear my diamond wedding ring?? What's the rule on jewelry?

We were married onboard the Conquest on 08.06.06 and I definitely wore my wedding rings- saw quite a few newlyweds wearing their rings in the pool which I didn't do as I'm just not a "bathng suit and diamonds" kind of girl. My ring isn't huge but it's not small, either (1.10 ct center diamond, just to give you a feel for the size) and with all the honemooners on board there were a lot of new rings about. I didn't wear it when we left the ship, though, and just kept it in the safe in our cabin along with our other valuables. I had checked with our insurance company before leaving just to be sure that it was covered even outside of the country and it was so I felt pretty safe.

we have a one way car rental from hobby airport for $19.00 and some change. great deal considering carnival does not offer transfers from hobby. still looking for transportation from pier back to hobby after cruise. we are sailing on conquest march 18. anyone sailing that cruise? looking into maybe sharing a van or shuttle with others to help keep costs down. first time cruiser here so working on learning how to use this website. and a great site it is!! also, wanting to do some parasailing perhaps in mobay or GC. any suggestions?

thanks

we have a one way car rental from hobby airport for $19.00 and some change. great deal considering carnival does not offer transfers from hobby. still looking for transportation from pier back to hobby after cruise. we are sailing on conquest march 18. anyone sailing that cruise? looking into maybe sharing a van or shuttle with others to help keep costs down. first time cruiser here so working on learning how to use this website. and a great site it is!! also, wanting to do some parasailing perhaps in mobay or GC. any suggestions?

thanks

be sure to see your roll call section under your cruise date, this question would probably get more attention to your fellow crusing mates for that specific date! Let us all know how your cruise is, you will be about 2 weeks in front of me! lol

thanks

Almost Packed,

Can you tell us which car rental company gave you a price that low.

Thanks

i'm still trying to figure out what roll call is. it took me forever just to get to the end of this to find my posting.

thanks

http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=343783

click on the above link: it should take you to your roll call.

If you look right below the blue ribbon, you have differernt topics, from there you choose the destinations you wish to go....basically another room- topic, thread!

as far as your posting go to the last page of this posting...to view the newer posts......if you have any questions...please feel free to ask away...we all have been there!

Almost Packed,

Can you tell us which car rental company gave you a price that low.

Thanks

Yep, i booked through enterprise. the price was $18.00 and after taxes. etc the total came to$24.20...ya know all those crazy taxes. surprisingly, they did not charge me a one way fee. must be because galveston is sold out of cars and needs them on the island.

on a even greater note! thanks to the awesome person that mentioned earlier about getting a price adjustment if the price goes down on your cruise...i went online to southwest.com and noticed that the price of my crusie went down. i called carnival (i booked straight through them) and sure enough, it did. i rec'd a s&s credit...$640 buckaroos!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!. yes, six hundred dollars! :eek: :D

seems like my first cruise is gonna be great!

thanks to everyone for info on roll call too.

Does anyone have any copies of the capers?

Menus?

When does Blood Power leave the ship?

We are sailing the Conquest 6-10-07 and my daughter and her friend have decided I need to make some friends on my own.( I think she's pushing ME out of the nest). Any suggestiions? Haven't had much luck on any of the other Carnival cruises we have taken. Thanks.

We are sailing the Conquest 6-10-07 and my daughter and her friend have decided I need to make some friends on my own.( I think she's pushing ME out of the nest). Any suggestiions? Haven't had much luck on any of the other Carnival cruises we have taken. Thanks.

be sure to check your roll call section and i am sure you will bond with several cruise critic members,if you need a idea of how to get things set up see the roll call for April 1-8, 2007. We have a excellent system set up and everyone is staying in touch with one another!

Here is your link to the roll call link for your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327

there is not a topic thread yet started for your cruise date, so you will be the first to get the party started!

Here is a link to my cruise roll call, with lots of resourceful information contained in the roll call, that you can add to your roll call! Here is the link- April 1-8, 2007 Roll CALL:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=398125

Don't worry about missing that, at least you are trying to help.

Too bad about waht happened to Tony at the 500, my guy (Jr)

didn't do so well either.:)

The Conquest is a great ship, we loved her.:D

Stay away from the ice cream!lol

Does anyone know if the Conquest has 1A cabins with large windows like the Valor. They are listed as inside cabins, but they actually have windows. We were in 2 of these on the Valor last summer and really enjoyed them. Was wondering if Conquest has same thing. Thanks.

mgrant, yes it does. They're on the main deck, cabins 2462 & 2465. According to what I've read on the boards and what my PVP has told me, they are bunks...not one of the 'secret rooms' with the two beds that can be pushed together. Perfect for friends or mother/daughter, etc......but not so great for a couple that wants to sleep in the same bed. ;)

We had one of these rooms on the Triumph and LOVED it!