Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I have a question I am on the veranda deck aft balcony cabin I was wondering how much can the people on the lido deck see on to my balcony, while looking out at the aft windows?

I spent lots of time sitting at the tables and you can't look down at the balconies while sitting there. Like Snoozeman said, you could if you stood at the back windows and looked down, but I never saw anyone doing that, and doubt it would happen much.

When I arrived at Hobby last week there was a booth set up for Galveston transfers. THe price did not seem very high. I would search the internet for transfers and shuttles. THere was also an ad on TV for shuttles from the airports. Might be worth it to check. Sorry I can't give more info. Enterprise is the agency that has drop off in Galveston.

I keep on debating should I get the early seating or the late seating on my cruise. Also if given the choice between the Monet and the Renoir which should I choose. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have had the 8:00 in the Monet and the 8:30 in the Renoir. I preferred the 8:00.

How do they determine which dining room you will be in?? Is it based upon where your cabin is located???

Thanks' date=' Carla[/quote']

There's really no rhyme or reason on how they select your dining room. We've had aft cabins and was assigned to the forward dining rooms.

Bilallen: We preferred the 6:15 Renoir. The maitre' d was wonderful. He was very personable, checked on us everynight and even sang Frank Sinatra each night. He made dining fun!!

Dining times are assigned first by preference and the dining room is by time. Ever since the ships became larger the location of your cabin was no longer a factor for dining room location. Onen of the perks of being Platinum is that you are guaranteed your preferred dining time.

The Maitre'D in the Monet is Jean Pierre. He is alot of fun. I would highly recommend you switch to the 8:00 seating after you board if this is not your assignment. No only will you enjoy Jean Pierre and his singing but you will have a head start on finding a good seat for the late show.

The Maitre'D in the Monet is Jean Pierre. He is alot of fun. I would highly recommend you switch to the 8:00 seating after you board if this is not your assignment. No only will you enjoy Jean Pierre and his singing but you will have a head start on finding a good seat for the late show.

You can try to switch to the 8:00. We wanted the 8:00 but got the 8:30. I went straight to the dining room to change it, but was told to please try it the first night and if I still wanted to change he would try. We really liked the people we were seated with and the wait staff, so we stayed in the Renoir, but I really prefer the Monet.

I have been on 11 cruises, and for the first time last month, we changed the time on the ship. That was on the Carnival Pride out of LA. All the other cruises have been off the East Coast to the Caribbean, and the time on board remained East Coast time for the week. We have now booked the Conquest out of Galveston, TX. Does anyone know if they keep the ship's time on Central Time for the entire week? Thanks!

I have been on 11 cruises, and for the first time last month, we changed the time on the ship. That was on the Carnival Pride out of LA. All the other cruises have been off the East Coast to the Caribbean, and the time on board remained East Coast time for the week. We have now booked the Conquest out of Galveston, TX. Does anyone know if they keep the ship's time on Central Time for the entire week? Thanks!

When we were on the Conquest in December, we changed our clocks for Jamaica and Grand Cayman because they are in the Eastern time zone. We changed it back for Cozumel, in the Central time zone.

In September, during daylight savings time, the ship time stayed the same all week because Jamaica and Grand Cayman don't change to DST so our time was the same. Since Cozumel does go to DST that put them on Texas time too.

Does that make sense? :D

Ok, so I am a first time cruiser and will be going on the Conquest May 20 (yeay!). My family and I want to snorkel, so what is the best thing to do for that... excursion or what do you suggest? I really don't know much about this whole cruising thing... :D

Ok, so I am a first time cruiser and will be going on the Conquest May 20 (yeay!). My family and I want to snorkel, so what is the best thing to do for that... excursion or what do you suggest? I really don't know much about this whole cruising thing... :D

You will find excellent snorkeling opportunities in Grand Cayman and on Cozumel. The best thing for you to do is go read the threads on the Port of Call boards for MoBay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

You will find excellent snorkeling opportunities in Grand Cayman and on Cozumel. The best thing for you to do is go read the threads on the Port of Call boards for MoBay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Thanks. After i asked the question, I decided to venture out of the Carnival Cruise line board and found there are other boards dealing with everything! crazy me LOL