Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello! I think we may be getting a inside cabin on the main deck (modify my booking says Main, cabin 2290). Does anyone have any experience with this deck/rooms in this vicinity? I gave up a room on the Empress deck that was next to the stairs and across from an elevator towards the back of the ship. The new room on the Main deck actually seems to be better placed to me, but I was wondering about noise from above? The only thing above it is the "artist's lobby", and near the atrium.

Thanks for any help you all can offer! :)

This method stopped working a while back (the book/modify works for those booked directly with Carnival) Sorry :( You'll have to wait and see if it is on your docs, or when you get to the pier. Assignments are usually done about 7 weeks out, give or take... but that doesn't mean you will know what it is. You can also search every cabin on the ship if you have time :p LOL

Oh no! I just may have to do that. I'm so obsessed!!

This is our first time on a cruise and on the Conquest! I have a few questions (some may be repeat!) but any help would be appreciated!

1. We are flying into Houston and taking a Limo company to the Port. It is $210 round trip (2 adults and 2 children) from Bush Airport to the Port. Does this sound right?

2. We have an Ocean View room-our TA booked us some type of guarantee. Not sure what that means? Anyone?

3. For the dinners and formal night what is acceptable clothing for my children? They are boys-4 and 7. I'm not looking to go the suit/tux route with them-will khakis and nice shirts be acceptable?

4. So can you bring alcohol on board or not? We aren't huge drinkers but a glass of wine once in awhile would be nice.

5. Anyone have opinions about excursions with my 4 and 7 year old children???

6. We are super excited but we booked this trip not having ANY idea what a cruise was like. Now I am just overwhelmed by all the information! In your opinion what are the top 5 things I need to know.

THANKS SOOOOOO Much!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate any answers!!!

This is our first time on a cruise and on the Conquest! I have a few questions (some may be repeat!) but any help would be appreciated!

1. We are flying into Houston and taking a Limo company to the Port. It is $210 round trip (2 adults and 2 children) from Bush Airport to the Port. Does this sound right? Sounds about right, it's a road trip. I think ours was around $300?? Something like that, for 10 people...

2. We have an Ocean View room-our TA booked us some type of guarantee. Not sure what that means? Anyone? A guarantee means you will get at least the category you booked, perhaps a higher deck or two, and in the more rare case, a balcony... but that's more rare.

3. For the dinners and formal night what is acceptable clothing for my children? They are boys-4 and 7. I'm not looking to go the suit/tux route with them-will khakis and nice shirts be acceptable? Dress code is the same for children as adults. For the formal nights, khakis and a dress shirt, if that is all you can get on them, will be fine.

4. So can you bring alcohol on board or not? We aren't huge drinkers but a glass of wine once in awhile would be nice. You can bring wine on board, a reasonable amount... not hard liqour or beer.

5. Anyone have opinions about excursions with my 4 and 7 year old children??? Can't help ya here.

6. We are super excited but we booked this trip not having ANY idea what a cruise was like. Now I am just overwhelmed by all the information! In your opinion what are the top 5 things I need to know.

Go with reasonable expectations, expect to have fun and you will!!!

Don't overpack, you will wear probably half of what you bring!!!!

Budget... you can spend ALOT of money on a cruise, or a little...

Spend every minute you can on CC researching and asking questions!!!

1. We are flying into Houston and taking a Limo company to the Port. It is $210 round trip (2 adults and 2 children) from Bush Airport to the Port. Does this sound right?

50 dollars per-head round trip is less than the Carnival transfers. If this is a private limo it is a very fair rate. If you are booked with Galveston limo you don't have a limo, you are on a shuttle.

2. We have an Ocean View room-our TA booked us some type of guarantee. Not sure what that means? Anyone?

A guarantee means your room will be assigned by Carnival. You will receive the category you booked or higher.

3. For the dinners and formal night what is acceptable clothing for my children? They are boys-4 and 7. I'm not looking to go the suit/tux route with them-will khakis and nice shirts be acceptable?

Dress pants and a collard shirt is acceptable for young children. Shorts are not acceptable.

4. So can you bring alcohol on board or not? We aren't huge drinkers but a glass of wine once in awhile would be nice.

Carnival allows you to bring wine on board. Beer and Booze is prohibited and will be confiscated from you if you try to carry it on. If you accidentally leave a bottle or a six pack in checked baggage....well we all forget sometimes.;)

You will find alot of information on excursions on the individual "port of call" boards for MoBay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. You know your children best. Read the boards, if you have specific questions ask away.

The number one thing to know is how to use the search feature on the cruise critic board. It will lead you to the answer to just about any question you might have.

You're very welcome, have a great cruise!

Not sure exact, but it is over 45 miles from Bush IA to Galveston, so that would probably be about right.

You will definitely get an ocean view stateroom....beyond that, you might get upgraded to a higher deck on the ship, or may be on the lowest. Your docs will have your cabin and you can compare with the deck plans.

Don't know about Carnival personally, but my hubby is bringing his tux and I am wearing formal cocktail type dress. I think Carnival is more lax about this than other lines, so you should be fine.

Yes, wine can be brought on board, while beer and liquor cannot (at least that's the official word, some might see differently....IMO to each their own). See Carnival's FAQ regarding Beverage Service at their website (http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx). They "officially" charge a corking fee of $10, but I have heard others not being charged it. I guess it would depend on your waiter.

Sorry, can't help there. Something exciting? We are doing a stingray tour/snorkel in Grand Cayman.

I know how you feel. I am nervous, not having been on a Carnival ship before. Most of my nerves revolve around how my cabin is, if someone's smoked in it, if the ship is smoky, how much a cab costs to get to Sandals in Jamaica, and if we will get the dinner seating we want (I can't stand late seatings, and requested 6:15). Good luck with your cruise, it is what you make of it, and should definitely be fun!

What is the cheapest way to transfer a family of 7 from the airport to Galveston? How much is the Carnival transfer?

Ouch! Carnival transfers will cost you a fortune, LOL Go with a limo/car service... depending on whether it's Bush or Hobby, you can probably get something around $250-$300... you could also rent a car, just check which places have a dropoff in Galveston... you would have to get a van, but it shouldn't be too high.

Thanks for this thread!!! :)

It has already answered alot of my questions. We are booked on the Conquest in Sept. and I'm already doing research for our excursions:D We would like to use Capt. Marvins in GC for the Stingray City tour and see Hell and the Turtle Farm. I know, it will be a busy day. What time do they start tendering in the morning?? And will we have a hard time getting on a tender early in the morning since our tour will not be booked throught the ship?? Do we have to get tender tickets?? If so, where and when can we get them?? I'm sure I will have more questions so, thanks again for all the help.

Is there a charge for the kids to use the Playstation II? How about the arcade?

The charge in the arcade is for the games... just like any other arcade, you pay to play. I thought I had read that they could play Playstation in Camp Carnival... I wouldn't think there would be a charge for that.

This is the daily agenda filled with the schedule of all the activities during the day. It lists the showtimes and locations, and all sorts of information you would need for each particular day. When the steward does your nightly turn-down, he leaves the Carnival Capers for the next day on your bed, so that you can plan ahead. It also has emergency phone numbers that you should detatch and take with you to the ports.

On Princess, it is called the Princess Patters.

Hope that explains it!

Also does anyone know the exact date for the Blood Power band to be leaving the Conquest?
Unfortunately, Blood Power has already played their last gig on the Conquest and have now returned to the Phillipines. It's our loss...was sooooo lookin' forward to catching their act. :(

I'm looking at booking the Conquest for the July 8th cruise. I'm looking at balconies on the Empress deck....specifically cabin #7371. I like its location because there is not a cabin directly across from it. But I'm not sure what is behind that wall. Has anybody stayed in this area or on this deck? Any other suggestions? Some of the other rooms I can choose are 7375, 7348, and 7341. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :-)

even though you don't know me!

I was in 7375 on a sister ship and was very unhappy when I was woken up every night by the cleaning crew who came to get their vacuums out of the storage room.... right across the hall from us! It continued all week and the purser tried to stop it but with no luck. There is also a storage room for the room stewards along there and it is very noisy in the mornings when they are getting set up for the day.

Hope that answers your question.