Sabatini's or Crown Grill

Hayward2

:confused: Sailing on the Crown 1/27. Which of the 2 resturants are better, Sabatin's or Crown Grill? Which is the best night to book it. We don't want to go on formal nights.

Crown Grill for me but then I guess it depends on whether you want steak or Italian.

There are no best nights as such, just make sure you book early to avoid disappointment although we always managed to get booked on the morning of the evenings we went.

Crown Grill for me but then I guess it depends on whether you want steak or Italian.

There are no best nights as such, just make sure you book early to avoid disappointment although we always managed to get booked on the morning of the evenings we went.

Both! :D We loved both restaurants for different reasons. The Crown Grill has wonderful steaks and lobster. If you get the mashed potatoes, ask your waiter to have the chef put garlic in them. They'll melt in your mouth. Also, if you are a chocoholic, get the molten chocolate dessert. It's to die for! Sabatini's is a culinary experience. Prepare yourself for little tastes of everything...all fabulous. The veal chop was superb! Service in both restaurants is the best...a much higher quality than you'll find in the main dining rooms. The ambiance is different in both. The Crown Grill is intimate and dark...reminds me of an old English library in a gentlemen's club with lots of wood and leather accents. Sabatini's has a Tuscan feel. It is light, open and airy, with Italian murals on the walls. The waiters make the food fest fun...and it goes on and on....but soooo worth it.

As for when to go, I'd skip formal nights and the first and last night(unless you don't mind missing the Baked Alaska Parade in the traditional dining room.) Try them both, especially if you love great food. You won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back!!:D

We went to Sabatini's last week on Tuesday, Grenada day, because of the early departure (we were back on the ship early enough to relax, go to the gym and get ready for dinner) and it wasn't a formal night.

Our Sabatini experience was an excellent one. The service was 1st class, the food was very well prepared and presented, tasty, varied and plentiful. I was stuffed even before the main course arrived. Be prepared to spend nearly 3 hours there - well worth it.

BTW, except for some sardines (which I declined), my dinner was seafood free. There was more than enough of that in the other dinning rooms and buffets.

We did Sabatini's for an anniversary and it was a great experience. However having done it once I feel a second visit would not be as eventful so would not do it again.

Try it once, it is an evening like no other but go hungry and allow about 3 hrs.

Enjoy ---

Can not comment on the grill steakhouse, not tried it yet.

both!!! sabatini's is a nice long dinner...2-3 hours long and the grill is fantastic also!!! you can also bring your own wine and just a heads up, open your wine before going to either restaurants just to save the cokerage fee which is $10.00/bottle

make sure you are hungry also!!!

enjoy!!

I too am interested in what night to attend the specialty restaurants and am confused by various threads suggesting formal nights. I would think the formal nights are the nights that the food is the very best in the traditional dinning room and not a night to miss.

What am I missing?

Thanks

I guess my husband and I must be in the minority - we had a poor experience at the Crown Grill on the 1/13-1/20 Crown Princess cruise. After dining at the steak restaurant on Brilliance of the Seas last year (fabulous - comparable to Capital Grille or Ruth's Chris), the Crown Grill was a real disappointment. The service was AWFUL. Our waiter (singular - if he had an assistant we sure didn't see him or her) had 6 or 7 tables and was constantly rushing around. He kept pushing the upcharge for the lobster even after we said - three times - that we wanted steaks. "We can do a lovely surf and turf with that steak, you know..." I requested a medium steak and it came out rare. Sent it back, came back just barely cooked again. Our experience was more like Outback Steakhouse than Capital Grille. Never again.

We didn't try Sabatini's but will on the next cruise - we loved the Crown Princess and would like to cruise the alternate itinerary in February '08.

Loved the crown grill. And you can get a surf and turf without the additional charge. There is a small lobster tail on the seafood part of the menu that you can combine with a steak. Our waiter also pushed the surf and turf, but he was not talking about the addition $9 lobster. He was just being a nice guy and letting us know how to get the most out of our meal.

We went on the first night, after the muster drill. There were only three other tables being used that night, so service and speed were great.

I ate at both of them on the Crown this fall and I preferred the Crown Grill hands down. Of course I had been to Sabatini's before on other Princess ships and I do think that after you go there once it loses something. Also, I am a picky eater - including no seafood, so there were many items at Sabatini's that I didn't eat. I had also been to other steak places on Princess; like Sterling and I thought the Crown was above and beyond any of them. They did a great job with this one and the ambiance, the menu, etc. on the Crown Princess. And they were very willing to 'change' things on the menu slightly - like no blue cheese in the onion soup, with no problem or fuss.

Archived