Diamond access to concierge lounge

Joaniers

It says "Balcony Suites"...After that it lists 6 bullet points of amenities offered. The seventh says "Complimentary concierge service available on all Radiance and Voyager family ships.*

*For Additional information please refer to page 118

Available Suites:

Royal Suite

Owners Suite

Royal Family Suite

Grand Suite

Junior Suite"

Page 118 offers no futher clairification. I don't feel that that needs anymore interpreting. This is the 07/08 brochure, NOT the 06

Maybe its an intentional marketing ploy. Entice more people to book JS with implications of extra services..If people ask, then fine, give them access.. If not, then more money collected for less service. Same marketing tactic as the Mail in Rebate.

See? Here's the riff-raff we were talking about, PH8! "JetsJetsJets"! :D :D :D

It says "Balcony Suites"...After that it lists 6 bullet points of amenities offered. The seventh says "Complimentary concierge service available on all Radiance and Voyager family ships.*

*For Additional information please refer to page 118

Available Suites:

Royal Suite

Owners Suite

Royal Family Suite

Grand Suite

Junior Suite"

Page 118 offers no futher clairification. I don't feel that that needs anymore interpreting. This is the 07/08 brochure, NOT the 06

Actually, this passage from the 07/08 brochure basically PROVES that it was lifted, un-proofread, from a MUCH earlier version, because the CL on the Enchantment has been there since June 2005, and the Freedom has been launched, so "Voyager and Radiance family ships" is an outmoded description for the location of Concierge Lounges.

Not that I care about this whole thing. :D

Actually, this passage from the 07/08 brochure basically PROVES that it was lifted, un-proofread, from a MUCH earlier version, because the CL on the Enchantment has been there since June 2005, and the Freedom has been launched, so "Voyager and Radiance family ships" is an outmoded description for the location of Concierge Lounges.

Not that I care about this whole thing. :D

So now the consumer is not only supposed to assume that the brochure is incorrect, and check the website to be sure, but now they need to research, the past brochures in print to know why a mistake was made? That's just silly. I'm not concerned how it got there I just don't know why it is? And the UPDATED 07/08 says the same thing. Why wouldn't an updated version be corrected?

This discussion has been going on for quite some time now (not just this thread). Yet, fact is, privilege has not been given to JS unless they ask, which means it must be a mistake. I have yet to hear a single incident where CL access was given to a JS customer without asking and who wasn't Diamond.

Since we all agree to disagree, why not just put this on hold for awhile and see what happens.

This discussion has been going on for quite some time now (not just this thread). Yet, fact is, privilege has not been given to JS unless they ask, which means it must be a mistake. I have yet to hear a single incident where CL access was given to a JS customer without asking and who wasn't Diamond.

Since we all agree to disagree, why not just put this on hold for awhile and see what happens.

Ok that's a good idea! :p

So can I wear jeans in the DR on formal night after taking my diaper-clad infant for a swim in the pool? :D :p

LOL I was thinking along the same lines. Hang on there while I reach back in the cooler I brought and lemme grab ya a beer. :eek:

So can I wear jeans in the DR on formal night after taking my diaper-clad infant for a swim in the pool? :D :p

Well, the latest brochure says that you can, but I think it's a missprint. If you take the brochure on the cruise as proof they have to let you in with jeans. That's what Riff Raff does!

Had to jump in here ...

Booked a JS for our Alaska Cruise the day the bookings opened not knowing it was soon to become a Member Cruise. The CL lounge was definitely not a factor!!!! Couldn't care less about CL (they don't make my "foo-foo" drinks (so I've been told) in there anyway. Wanted the JS for the bathtub and the WALK IN CLOSET plus the almost 100 sq ft more space, and the price was right.

For those that enjoy the CL, GREAT!!! For those that want and deserve the privilege, GREAT...It just isn't on my priority list...I just love to cruise!!!

Had to jump in here ...

Booked a JS for our Alaska Cruise the day the bookings opened not knowing it was soon to become a Member Cruise. The CL lounge was definitely not a factor!!!! Couldn't care less about CL (they don't make my "foo-foo" drinks (so I've been told) in there anyway. Wanted the JS for the bathtub and the WALK IN CLOSET plus the almost 100 sq ft more space, and the price was right.

For those that enjoy the CL, GREAT!!! For those that want and deserve the privilege, GREAT...It just isn't on my priority list...I just love to cruise!!!

I am glad that you don't care about the CL, clbnlv, 'cause a Members Cruise is likely to be stuffed to the gills with Diamonds and Diamond Plusses who will overcrowd the CL! At least according to MACOP...................

I am glad that you don't care about the CL, clbnlv, 'cause a Members Cruise is likely to be stuffed to the gills with Diamonds and Diamond Plusses who will overcrowd the CL! At least according to MACOP...................

At least 500.....if not more. ;)

Had to jump in here ...

You go girlfriend!!!!! I don't know, but I think you're gonna be spending more time in that tub and closet than out on deck!! ROFL LOL

Okay, I don't want to enter the battle on who should or shouldn't be allowed. I just want to know if there is a difference in what is made available in the Diamond lounge as opposed to the CL. For instance, my favorite perk is the cappucino every morning, does the Diamond lounge offer this? And is there someone to help you with bookings like in the CL? We are trying to decide if we will book a JS or GS for the access to the CL since our next will be our first as Diamond members. Thanks for the help, Deb

I never use a brochure either...................I am sure some of these JS pax are getting their info right here on the boards whereas they would have never known otherwise.......

I totally agree with this statement. Along with access to the CL, suites get to pay a premium to their cabin stewards. Instead of $3.50 a day it is $5.75 a day for the gratuity. That's also in the brochure. Are all of you who are reading the brochure going to give that to your steward too?

We stay in a JS most of the time and do auto tip, and the amount is not the $5.75, but I would guess that all of you who feel that the brochure entitles you to access to the CL, also feel you HAVE to tip at the suite rate, afterall, you are in a suite. Perhaps I am incorrect and you all are going to go to the pursers desk and tell him/her that a mistake was made and RCI didn't tip your steward enough because he was tipped at the regular rate instead of the suite rate and you want that corrected. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Feel free to flame me, as I am sure you will.

Katie

Archived