`~No Lobster`~??

mafig

We had lobster for dinner on the second formal nite this past April. In fact we were brought as many lobsters as we wanted. We were on the Mediterranea for a western carribean cruise. We leave be on the magic in Feburay I'll let you know if lobster is served then.

No Lobsters but they gave us Alaskan King Crab legs on one night in the dining room. We asked for more and no problem they brought out 3 more dishes of Crab Legs. Tastes better than Lobster and Im a big lobster eater

No Lobsters but they gave us Alaskan King Crab legs on one night in the dining room. We asked for more and no problem they brought out 3 more dishes of Crab Legs. Tastes better than Lobster and Im a big lobster eater

I'll agree. While not having warm water caribbean lobster tail is a let down, I do prefer king crab myself.

I guess for real lobster you have to have the cold water Maine type.

Was it king crab or ophelia crab? (snow crab)

Can't say I'm too thrilled about this news.:(

I know it's not cold water lobster. However, I still think of "lobster night" as part of the cruise experience....I also think of amenities in the bathroom as part of my vacation....this will be the first time I have to bring my own soap.

I wonder if Costa is looking to de-categorize itself out of "mainstream" into the "budget" category.

Can't say I'm too thrilled about this news.:(

I know it's not cold water lobster. However, I still think of "lobster night" as part of the cruise experience....I also think of amenities in the bathroom as part of my vacation....this will be the first time I have to bring my own soap.

I wonder if Costa is looking to de-categorize itself out of "mainstream" into the "budget" category.

ya 'lobster night' is a nice aspect to cruises. you feel all luxurious because you're eating lobster :). but really do you know the price of king crab? it's expensive. I'd estimate around the same price as Caribbean lobster. Maine lobster however, is much higher.

if costa was 'decategorizing' itself it would be from the direction of their parent company, carnival.

Mafig - magica has liquid soap dispensers in the shower that was great for body wash and shampoo. but thats it. i used it, but again, I'm a guy.

I've been reading in a few recent posts that there's "no lobster" on Costa.....

Is this true?

Is this recent?:confused: :(

Yes, it was indeed the case.

I was on the Atlantica Jan 08 - Jan 15; and lobster wasn't on the menu.

sometimes i wonder what's going on in some people's minds....

quite boring to hear this about missing only a lobster on the menu....:confused:

when seeing all trouble in the world i would be ashamed to put my fork in a lobster....

every 4 seconds dies a child from starvation!!

oh oh my god, there's no lobster on the menu....:eek:

• 6 years later...
sometimes i wonder what's going on in some people's minds....

quite boring to hear this about missing only a lobster on the menu....:confused:

when seeing all trouble in the world i would be ashamed to put my fork in a lobster....

every 4 seconds dies a child from starvation!!

oh oh my god, there's no lobster on the menu....:eek:

I wish it was only lobster that is missing on Costa...:)

We just finished an eastern Med cruise on Serena on 19 December. No lobster in the main dining room in 11 nights. On the other hand, we did have sucking pig once, and it was delicious.

For the soap question: there was a bar of soap in the bathroom, and a dispenser of shampoo/shower gel in the shower. I used both, and they were pretty good.