How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

• 3 months later...

I have a home on Fischer Island I visit on occasion. I love to sit and watch the cruise ships glide past my balcony. I like it even more when I am on the ship glidig past my home.

I love Florida and someday soon I will call Fischer Island home.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Couple from Palm Harbor (Tampa area). Moved from DC in 2006. We've met a wonderful group of guys from the area. We'll sailing from Tampa on the Grandeur of the Seas 1/26/08 (14 of us).

We did a 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral in March of this year and had a great time. Looking forward to Jan.

Hope to meet some others on future cruises.

Rick and Robert

M Steve....is there a way to find out about the contractors you mentioned. I would like to spend my money on "family" as I always like to support our community. I am trying to find a landscape designer and maybe an interior designer to help with the new house next year. I have the gay gene for landscaping but this is a different part of the country so I will turn to an expert.

Interior design.....I want to get help so I dont waste money.

As far as the area...the web site continually provides more insite into the gay community in that general region. Last night I found "Gator Bears" for Ocal and Gainesville......interesting as I am a bear admirer. Then there is Sawmill camp ground......looks like fun.

I have lived in small rural areas before and found that family was there and in most cases more social then in the big cities. So I am excited about moving to Citrus County. In fact I hope to work with the builders to advertise the area to bring in more family. With the SunCoast highway...you canbe in Tampa is about 45 minutes.....which opens up all sorts of activities...and the cost of homes is relatively low as compared with Tampa. Now to figure out why there are so many "family" in the Brooksville area.

All the best.

We know a contractor (family) who lives in Weeki Wachee area. He did some flooring and tile work for us. Send me an email and I'll get contact info for you.

Rick

M Steve....is there a way to find out about the contractors you mentioned. I would like to spend my money on "family" as I always like to support our community. Interior design.....I want to get help so I dont waste money.

All the best.

Six of us from Jacksonville are booked on the old tub Celebration out of Jacksonville October 15th. The last time I checked it was $360 PP ...heck you can't afford to stay at home for that price. I know it is Carnival and Carnival's oldest ship but it is dirt cheap and full of first time cruisers having the time of their life and it is fun being around so many happy people. Come join us....The more the merrier.

A friend and myself are booked on Holland American's 15 day R/T San Diego Hawaii over Christmas and New Years..

Myself and three friends are booked on Holland American's Ft. Lauderdale to Rome march 15th.

I fell in love with trans Atlantic and Pacific cruises Crossed the pacific on Seven Seas Mariner last December and trans Atlantic last April.

Dennis

DLTJAX@yahoo.com

An afternoon on the Norway 1981 / Christmas cruise 7 night1984 / Sky Princess 10 night / Russian Cruise Line 4 night / Crown Monarch 7 night / Festival Carnival 7 night / Norway 7 night September 1989 /

Regent Sea 15 night Panama Canal 1993 / Commodore Caribe 7 night / Regal Princess 7 night 1998

Star Princess 7 night 1999 / Zuiderdam Holland America 14 night 2000 ( Dec) / Tropical Carnival 5 night 2001

Norway August 7 night 2002 / Rydam Holland America 19 night South America 2003 /

Westerdam Holland America 7 night 2004 / Zenith Celebrity 14 night March 2005 /

Celebration Carnival 5 night September 2005 / MSV Lucia Central America 21 night Christmas 2005

Celebration Carnival 4 nights August 2006 / Celebration Carnival 5 nights September 2006

Seven Seas Mariner 18 night TP November 2006 / Celebration Carnival 5 nights March 2007

Celebrity Century Trans Atlantic April 26th 2007 / Celebration Carnival 5 nights Oct.15th 2007 /

/ Holland America Zaandam Dec 20th 2007 / Holland American Zuiderdam TA March 15th 2008 /

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary in February and will be moving to South Beach from Manhattan where we have spent most of our lives. We've already bought our new apartment on Ocean Drive but are not sure exactly when we will make the big move. We intend to sell our New York apartment in the spring. We hope to continue to spend our summers at our cottage on Fire Island.

In the meantime, we have booked several cruises on the ms Europa and on Regent's Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Are there really other gay people here in Citrus County Florida!! Who knew! I live in Citrus Springs...10 mins to Crystal River for me! Whatever brought you to this area! My parter and I and our children moved here about 3 yrs ago to relocate for a great job opportunity that I had. We came from Asheville, NC (gay mecca!) to this place and about died! Anyway, we have been on one cruise already this year and are going on our second Nov 18. The Caribbean Princess..can't wait! It is great to hear about diversity in this area! Tracy:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am living solo in Mount Dora and would like to find others who are interested in partnering for cruises. My time is pretty flexible, while my friends are bound by somewhat ridgid schedules. If you want to travel with a man who is honest, friendly, clean, respectful, fairly laid back, cheerful, attractive and, oh yes, humble please contact me.

R.J.

Citrus Springs! That is where I am building, hopefully breaking ground next May. My property is on N. Feather Rd (how gay) off of Dulkin. Talk about being out in the woods. My friends think I am nuts, but the area will suit me fine. I am not a big city person and not into congestion. The area has the potential to build now that the Suncoast highway can get you into Tampa. I do wish there were good beaches..I saw the small one outside of Homassa....its not much. But the prices of homes in the area is great as compared to down in southern Florida. Some how I have to figure out how to get more family to consider this area maybe for for early retirement...as not all are beach goers. I have read many articles as to where to live..to find where family is....well this area could have potential. Hour to Tampa, hour and a half to Orlando, Ocala up the street. The there is a quicky...fly to Key West out of Tampa. If Tampa gets more ships to home port there in the future...fab u lous.

I cant see being property poor in southern Fla...rather have a nice home and money left over to cruise cruise cruise. Now if I could get family to build on my street......make it into the most fashionable streets in the county. Dinners, cocktail partys all around the pool.

Will have to meet next time I pop in for a visit while in the planning stages.

Now to figure out where Mount Dora is....and see where R.J. is located. I wonder how humble he really is;)

I cant wait to get to Florida!!!!!!!!!! Have car will travel.