alaskan cruise tax

bigred12

You are absolutely correct!:D I finally used the calculator to calculate the actual increase in our final payment....$98.62 so yep, $49.31 per person.:o They took ours out of a $150 coupon we had used at booking. :)

BTW Kingsgirl, the Senior Citizen rate did appear on 05/12/07 Serenade cabins on Friday. Similar to your cruise, it is only for ocean view cabins, though. We are in an E-1, so it doesn't help right now, but we will keep watching. :)

You're right Del:D Few & far between. I did win $200 on my first pull one day on Serenade in October, so I did collect some of that money that you had deposited 2 weeks before! LOL:) :) And Steve won a bunch on that cruise, including 2nd place in the slot tournament.

You are absolutely correct!:D I finally used the calculator to calculate the actual increase in our final payment....$98.62 so yep, $49.31 per person.:o They took ours out of a $150 coupon we had used at booking. :)

That's exactly what they did with our booking.

BTW Kingsgirl, the Senior Citizen rate did appear on 05/12/07 Serenade cabins on Friday. Similar to your cruise, it is only for ocean view cabins, though. We are in an E-1, so it doesn't help right now, but we will keep watching. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I got it not this past weekend but the weekend before! It was up for 2 days, down for a few, and now back up again. WEIRD! ;)

So what is this Tax for? I am looking at a Alaska cruise next year and just wondering. Is it just like a port tax that is applied to the other cruises? Thanks

Residents of Alaska agreed to a tax increase of $50.00 per person for anyone cruising to alaska.

Plus there are new regulations with this bill for cruise ships. Alaska now takes portions of their gambling proceeds too.

Search Alaska Tax or come to the Alaska part of CC and search. There is a lot of info on it here.

Archived