Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Am thinking of booking this cabin for an Alaska cruise. There are lifeboats in front of the balconies, but this cabin looks like it sits slightly "in" and this one looks a little less obstructed by the lifeboat than some. I'm hoping the balcony would be a bit more sheltered from wind because it would be nice if it weren't too cold to sit out.

Any feedback on this cabin or balcony?

Am thinking of booking this cabin for an Alaska cruise. There are lifeboats in front of the balconies, but this cabin looks like it sits slightly "in" and this one looks a little less obstructed by the lifeboat than some. I'm hoping the balcony would be a bit more sheltered from wind because it would be nice if it weren't too cold to sit out.

Any feedback on this cabin or balcony?

the cabin is a 7A- the lifeboats come to the railing only. You cant look down into the waters but no obstruction looking stright out.

Being in this cabin-- the people that are in 5140 can look directly into your cabin.

Thanks Serene56 for the info. Good to know I don't have to worry about the lifeboat obstruction. And yikes I don't think I want the next cabin to be able to see right in!

if you try to pick a cabin more towards the middle of that section--look at the deck plans and try to get one that is in the middle of a lifeboat.

I just got back from being on the Carnival Valor. We were in room 6456, and the couple we were traveling with was in room 6458. First we were disappointed that the balconies were not able to have a door open between them, as it appears to be a support partition between them. The balconies did get trash on them occasionally from people above throwing things down at night?? Not a big deal though. These rooms are above the Eagles Lounge, and on some nights the noise was loud enough to hear exactly what was happening in the lounge. It didn't bother me, as I am a heavy sleeper. The rooms are big enough, and the balconies are larger. Hope that helps anyone who is looking at those rooms.:)

uh, the anchor is located in the front (forward)

told you I have never been on a cruise before!!! I am used to our boat going out onto the bay or lake. Sorry!!

We have stayed on the aft many many times.

'aft' means what? Sorry learning this cruise lingo slowly but surely!

The best deck IS the Empress deck because you will be away from public areas.

Will look into these rooms then. Many thank you's for your help!

Sept is prime time PEAK hurricane season.

Living off right off the Gulf of Mexico in Texas...I do know this for sure! We are still cleaning up from IKE around here!! I won this cruise so we will say prayers that all is smooth sailing but if it ends up being a 'no go' then that is ok too!

Edited by mom2boystx

Can anyone provide me with the 'configuration' of this room ??

I am proned to seasickness, but find that if my bed is located with the headboard on the left as you enter the cabin (port side), then I am fine. We visited friends we met on-board in December in their cabin, and their bed was reversed (headboard on the right). When I was sitting on the bed talking with them, I was overcome by nausea ! I moved so that I was facing forward, and the nausea disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks.

Just booked a cruise on the Carnival Freedom. Was planning on getting a cabin on Main deck ocean view. Carnival suggested a balcony and we went with it. It is on the Upper deck cabin # 6394. Does anyone know anything about this cabin? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cabins above us, however, curious if there will be noise from below. Possibly above a lounge. Trying to figure this out. THANKS! :)

just booked a cruise on the carnival freedom. Was planning on getting a cabin on main deck ocean view. Carnival suggested a balcony and we went with it. It is on the upper deck cabin # 6394. Does anyone know anything about this cabin? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cabins above us, however, curious if there will be noise from below. Possibly above a lounge. Trying to figure this out. Thanks! :)

check out seauonboard.com tips & hints great info on cabin selections and alot more:)

Any sites to check rooms for Freedom of the Seas Rccl??

cruisecritic terms of service do not allow us to talk about agencies or agents. Sorry.

I suggest looking at RCL and get that as a starter price. Then check out online agencies...make sure the price you are seeing is the final price.

'aft' means what? Sorry learning this cruise lingo slowly but surely!

aft means rear of the "SHIP" (its not a boat) aft is any place behind the elevators on the back.

midship runs from the back elevator to the mid one--forward is any where from the front elevator.

starboard is the right side-- port is the left side- (both these words have 4 letters)

cruisecritic terms of service do not allow us to talk about agencies or agents. Sorry.

I suggest looking at rcl and get that as a starter price. Then check out online agencies...make sure the price you are seeing is the final price.

dont think they are asking prices just want to know location of the room is it a good choice or something they will regret later:)

Well, we just got back from our third(probably our last cruise) the wife, sea sick for at least two days on the March 28th Gem. I specifically called NCL to ask about our cabin, a mini suite #11116, when I saw it was under the 'Garden Cafe.' I also wondered what was opposite our cabin. I was told, 'no crew rooms, ie. storage or supply rooms were nearby, they are 7-8 cabins away.' EERRR WRONG, crew elevators and supply room are opposite the cabin I received, buyer beware! That really wasn't too bad....the real noise seemed to come, starting at 0630hrs from above us, in the Garden Cafe, as they start up for the day. This grinding type noise continued until after closing, sometime after 2330hrs. Just a warning...if you still want this cabin, and you're a light sleeper....bring earplugs, or better yet, invest in a sound machine.........

Edited by jpf
rewrite

Looking to book 6516 or any of 7246, 7520, or 7678. Any info on these would be awesome. Which do you think is best? Oh they are all on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas.

Edited by PeaceToYa

Hi we just booked a ocean view room on the main deck room 2287 is this a bad room? We thought it was good since there is no room directly across but now im hearing thats not a good thing. Also right above us is guest services will we hear walking and noise from above? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Hi we just booked a ocean view room on the main deck room 2287 is this a bad room? We thought it was good since there is no room directly across but now im hearing thats not a good thing. Also right above us is guest services will we hear walking and noise from above? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

seauonboard.com tips & hints has great advice on cabin selections:)

Nick

there are cabins across the hall from your cabin. If you look at 2365 (thats a white area--lol)

you wont hear nothing--not even walking around from the guest service station.

Just wanted to get opinions--this is a special cruise, first balcony--as you can see from signature-along with anniversary. We have 7377 right now, but Spa deck rooms are available--should I upgrade? Little worried about movement, but if smoke free balcony might have to do it?

Did you stay in cabin 7377 or did you upgrade?

we are booked in this room 4-12-09 on the Conquest and was wondering if you had any problems there..

Did you stay in cabin 7377 or did you upgrade?

we are booked in this room 4-12-09 on the Conquest and was wondering if you had any problems there..

you should not have any problems with this cabin- its between cabin space away from public areas. for your sailing-- is there any availailbty if you wanted to upgrade?

Anyone have info on either of these rooms re noise or views out the windows.

The plan shows it at the back of the last lifeboats but when I look at side photos of the ship (7 rooms forward of the balcony staterooms) the window seems like it is directly behind the lifeboat.

Any info at all would be great. Did the old google search and everything else I could think of and so far nothing.

Thanks in advance