Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

If you need it to be quiet to fall asleep, want to go sleep before 1am and/or like to sleep in a bed (versus on your verandah or on deck) then this mini-suite is NOT for you.

The issue is the penetrating bass coming from Club Fusion below which starts around 9 - 10pm and ends between 1 - 2am and is sufficient to cause the bed and some fixtures in the room to vibrate. I tried earplugs and a white noise application I have on my iPhone, both of which turned out to be useless against the pounding, non-stop bass coming from below. I ended up taking the cushions off the couch and laying them out on the verandah and sleeping there. Although somewhat less than ideal, I found the mild temperature accommodating and the ocean noise very pleasant and was able to fall right to sleep. The combination of the extra distance from Club Fusion and the ocean noise made the bass nearly imperceptible.

All that being said, my wife was able to sleep though it every night :p - so this “sound warning” is directed at those (like me) who need to have relative quiet to sleep. But let me be very clear, this is not a slight or easily ignored sound. The bass is to a degree that if it were your neighbors at home causing it at midnight, you would likely have the police pay them a visit. There’s no way (sound sensitive or not) you can’t hear it.

Other than the noise issue, I liked this mini-suite. Although the décor was a little dated, it had a nice layout and an extended verandah that’s about twice long as you get with a regular mini-suite (for the same price). Would I book this room again? If I got a really good deal on it, maybe. Otherwise, no way!

If you need it to be quiet to fall asleep, want to go sleep before 1am and/or like to sleep in a bed (versus on your verandah or on deck) then this mini-suite is NOT for you.

The issue is the penetrating bass coming from Club Fusion below which starts around 9 - 10pm and ends between 1 - 2am and is sufficient to cause the bed and some fixtures in the room to vibrate. I tried earplugs and a white noise application I have on my iPhone, both of which turned out to be useless against the pounding, non-stop bass coming from below. I ended up taking the cushions off the couch and laying them out on the verandah and sleeping there. Although somewhat less than ideal, I found the mild temperature accommodating and the ocean noise very pleasant and was able to fall right to sleep. The combination of the extra distance from Club Fusion and the ocean noise made the bass nearly imperceptible.

All that being said, my wife was able to sleep though it every night :p - so this “sound warning” is directed at those (like me) who need to have relative quiet to sleep. But let me be very clear, this is not a slight or easily ignored sound. The bass is to a degree that if it were your neighbors at home causing it at midnight, you would likely have the police pay them a visit. There’s no way (sound sensitive or not) you can’t hear it.

Other than the noise issue, I liked this mini-suite. Although the décor was a little dated, it had a nice layout and an extended verandah that’s about twice as long as you get with a regular mini-suite (for the same price). Would I book this room again? If I got a really good deal on it, maybe. Otherwise, no way!

Caribbean Princess (CB) Emerald Deck E730 – December 2008

Edited by Pirate Bay

This post if for anyone interested in these rooms.

Room 1008 is a handicapped room at the front of the ship. There were no problems with accessing this room and the interior is laid out well for someone in a wheelchair. The bathroom is huge with amenities dedicated to someone in a wheelchair.

The problem with both 1008 & 1012 is that they are located under the weight lifting section of the gym. Keep in mind if you book these rooms that the gym is open from 6 am to 10 pm. You will definately hear noise during this time period.

The problem that we encountered was it being used after hours. Someone said it might be used by the crew members after 10 pm. We still heard the crashing of weights as late as 12 am -1 am.

I complained to Carnival about the noise and they said the weights area should not be used after 8 pm and to let them know whenever we heard the noise past this time. They even offered to move us from room 1012 to another room. However, we did not want to be separated from our friends in 1008. The room was not used that much during the day so we decided to stay in this room and just put up with the interemittent loud crashing of weights.

Sea-gypsy

We have Vista balcony room 9408 booked on the Dream. I am not so worried about the noise as i assume they will have better soundproofing since it is a new ship. I am interested,though, in knowing the advantage/disadvantage of being below that overhand from the lido deck above. :( Does anyone have any info on being below the lido deck overhang on other ships?

Unless you are an early riser, do not book JS 8072 on GOS. We awoke every morning at 5:00 am to the sound of water being turned on and then off. This continues for about 45 minutes. DH went to investigate on Day 2 of the cruise to find the staff reports to work at 5:00am and begins washing dishes. The room must have a water pipe that runs above it. It would not have been so bad if it were a continuous flow of water but it was a turn on/off every few minutes so just as you would fall back to sleep, the water would turn on again. We spoke to guest sevices about it, they said they would investigate but never heard back from them.

Edited by Krin
spelling

We are on the new ship Carnival dream We have room 9453 which is similar to room 8431 on the carnival splendor and all the conqust style ships has anyone had a problem with this room? it is sideways and behind a gust elevator and under the serenity pool area.. Thanks

Edited by lennel

I have cabin #6232 on the Empress Deck on the Legend, and my concern is the amount of noise made being next to an elevator. My room is also on a corner and I'm trying to find out what the empty space is in between the back of the elevators and the front of my balcony, it looks like a large closet or employee space. If anyone on here has been in this room or even knows about this room, I would appreciate any feedback, Thank You.:)

Carnival Freedom

DO NOT book cabin 6-406 or cabins on each side. We were right above the Disco and we didn't go to sleep unitl the Disco closed. Some nights this wasn't until 4:00 am. The walls and floors vibrate. Earplugs do not work and the pillows on the bed amplify the sound. We could even hear on our balcony.

Carnival Freedom

DO NOT book cabin 6-406 or cabins on each side. We were right above the Disco and we didn't go to sleep unitl the Disco closed. Some nights this wasn't until 4:00 am. The walls and floors vibrate. Earplugs do not work and the pillows on the bed amplify the sound. We could even hear on our balcony.

did you make a complaint at the pursers desk or just accept it as a bad choice of a cabin?

Did you pay for this category or was it given to you as an upgrade?

Welcome to cruise critic-- now that you found us maybe we can steer you clear of bad cabins next time.

yes i informed the guest services on the first two nights. there were no other rooms we could be moved too. so we just made the best of it as opposed to it souring our entire cruise. the last night, i was fed up and had a few words to say to guest services. we were compensated, but it wasn't enough in my opinion. i have also sent a letter to corporate office. we booked our room through a carnival vacation planner and it was not a free upgrade.

thank you. i wish i had found this forum a long time ago. this was our 5th cruise.

Edited by tnincy

yes i informed the guest services on the first two nights. there were no other rooms we could be moved too. so we just made the best of it as opposed to it souring our entire cruise. the last night, i was fed up and had a few words to say to guest services. we were compensated, but it wasn't enough in my opinion. i have also sent a letter to corporate office. we booked our room through a carnival vacation planner and it was not a free upgrade.

thank you. i wish i had found this forum a long time ago. this was our 5th cruise.

I found this forum after my first cruise-- was the best investment time wise. I have learned so much about cabins and placements. what to avoid and what to look for on deck plans.

i am glad i have found this forum. i have learned alot since i have joined and will continue to use when planning a cruise. i must say, that aside from what i experienced this last time, everything else about the cruise was great. service and hospitality. we just found it difficult to get the most out of the cruise due to the lack of sleep.

We stayed in this cabin A743... last cabin on the Aloha deck. It was horrible there is a clicking sound all day and night on the balcony.. you can hear the thrusters. There was rust on the railing and wall, the cabin stunk of smoke... and worst of all my husband got Norwalk virus after 3 days on board!

I have cabin #6232 on the Empress Deck on the Legend, and my concern is the amount of noise made being next to an elevator. My room is also on a corner and I'm trying to find out what the empty space is in between the back of the elevators and the front of my balcony, it looks like a large closet or employee space. If anyone on here has been in this room or even knows about this room, I would appreciate any feedback, Thank You.:)

the empty space is a closet used by cabin stewards- the entrance is on the other side- you will NOT hear anything from the elevator.

This cabin sleeps 4 people- if you only have two people and the ship is sailing full you could be moved- it happens rare but it does happen.

I dont know what you mean that your room is on a corner..-- what it is-- its the end of the hall way there-- then you walk into the elevator bank.

(hard to descibe for you- )

Does anyone know anything about Carnival Fantasy class rooms U1 & U2? I thought I saw somewhere where they said U2 was right next to the employee stairway & was very noisy.

you are under and over cabin space..

i dont see any stairs or ladders http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2858565010046496353HvBPCN

be prepared-- thats a long long walk to the food pools every day

If anyone has insight on this room, good or bad, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

over cabin space- under the lido buffet sitting area- its carpeted so you shouldnt hear no noise

when is your cruise

over cabin space- under the lido buffet sitting area- its carpeted so you shouldnt hear no noise

when is your cruise

My cruise is first week of Nov....counting the days!! Getting excited, and looking forward to a GREAT trip! Thanks for the reply...I was wondering about all of the horror stories of being under the pool area.....?

My cruise is first week of Nov....counting the days!! Getting excited, and looking forward to a GREAT trip! Thanks for the reply...I was wondering about all of the horror stories of being under the pool area.....?

it would be only a few cabins under the pool area that will get the noise- Just like under kitchens or being over an aea when the band plays- One cabin can over can make a difference