Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

other side of bridges?? Our room voyager of the sea room #7297

I was on the Adventure of the Seas (a Voyager class ship)and was booked into room 8297 on the Promenade deck. This is right above your room.

We did not hear any noise from the promenade/shopping area below. It was a great location - convenient to all the areas of the ship.

I noticed room 7297 is a handicapped room and looks bigger than 8297.

My sister and I stayed in Carnival Fantasy R140...lower, mid-ship...we thought we had done our homework on best location. The first couple of nights we heard a light banging...not enough to keep us awake, but the next 2 nights it was VERY LOUD banging. We do not like to complain, but we told our cabin steward the next morning after the first night of no sleep. He said there had been prior complaints and no one could ever discover why there was a noise. He advised calling guest services if it happened again. That night it did happen again...very loud banging....no way to sleep. Guest services said perhaps it was steam pipes from the crew dining room below. She said they had no other rooms because they sail full and brought us ear plugs. The ear plugs did not help, but what more could they do? Another person from guest services called us the next morning stating they found a room and asked if we would like to look at it...we did...she said there had been no prior complaints about R140, but that isn't what the cabin steward said. We decided to moved....as we were moving the light in the original room started to flicker and flicker and flicker...we were beginning to think it was haunted. LOL The new room, R119, had more channels on the television...we had no idea what we had been missing! And it was quiet...so we got a decent nights sleep the last night of our cruise.

:( First and last aft cabin. I will give up a large aft balcony to see where I'm going any day! Couldn't see down into waves because of a huge triangular shaped deck right off the balcony. Although the balcony was very big, it got really hot because there was no air motion whatsoever. It felt like we were in a sauna. It is a very long trek (which was quite obvious being aft) and inconvenient to everything. I will also never sail from San Juan again for reasons I'd rather not say.

Edited by yellowbird23

Has anyone stayed on Deck 1-Main Deck in a Category C room and had any problems with noise? I don't want the cabins below the disco Northern Lights, but I am interested in the cabins below the Queens Lounge and Culinary Arts Center--port and starboard side. I am not sure about what the activities are, especially for the Queens Lounge, and how late it is used and would appreciate knowing if anyone has experienced any noise in the cabins underneath them.

We stayed in a 10th floor aft room under the windjammer and it was very peacefull! No noise. No traffic. The windjammer was carpetted so you don't hear anything. The huge balcony was shaded under the windjammer which juts out over the balcony.

I'm a newbie to cruising and my husband and I just booked a cruise on the Freedom in Feb. I'm thrilled to find a site like this because we had no idea how to pick a room. We chose 6315. If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it!

TIA!

I'm a newbie to cruising and my husband and I just booked a cruise on the Freedom in Feb. I'm thrilled to find a site like this because we had no idea how to pick a room. We chose 6315. If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it!

TIA!

Firstly, welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find lots of great info and tips on here. Be very careful though, CC is VERY addictive. :D

Been on the Freedom, had a great time, the ship is lovely. Sorry, can't help with that particular cabin, (We always have an AFT cabin) all I can say is, Carnival cabins are bigger than the other lines we have been on.

Enjoy.....................

Firstly, welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find lots of great info and tips on here. Be very careful though, CC is VERY addictive. :D

Been on the Freedom, had a great time, the ship is lovely. Sorry, can't help with that particular cabin, (We always have an AFT cabin) all I can say is, Carnival cabins are bigger than the other lines we have been on.

Enjoy.....................

I have sailed over 900 days on different lines and never had a bad cabin ! Must be luck or attitude.;)

Louise

Has anyone ever stayed in any of the single inside cabins on the Costa Romantica? I'd like to know if they found the room big enough and which one they would recommend. Thanks:)

Stayed inside on Concordia last February and big enough for what we needed. We were on the Samsara Spa deck.

We had this cabin on our cruise last week. Every time there was any noticeable ocean movement, there was a creaking that seemed to come from somewhere in the upper walls/soffit/ceiling area. It never happened when we were docked or very calm seas. We mentioned it to guest services who seemed to act like we were nuts, and said they would send someone to look at it. Two days (and sleepless nights) later, they called to see if the problem was 'fixed', but the seas were calm and no noise, so we couldn't say.

We also noticed as we walked down our hallways you could hear the creaking every few cabins. I didn't have a chance to see if the noise was there on other decks.

Several other passengers said they had the same noise in their cabin. It was somewhere between a creaking, knocking, or rolling noise.

Voyager of the Seas: Sailing in Feb, 2010

Can you advise on Deck 6 or Deck 10?

Noise? Forward or Aft?

This will be my husband's first cruise. Want it to go well, so he wants to go again.

THANKS!

depend- are you looking at a inside cabin or a balcony cabin.

deck 6 balconies are part plexiglass giving the balcony a kinda closed in feeling.

TIA!

6315;

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/Carnival+Freedom-deck-plans.html

You shouldnt have a problem, although you are near to the Atrium elevators and sometimes, if there is entertainment in that area the sound can drift upwards.

You have cabins directly above you so no problems there.

Beneath you are the starboard side shops , so again you shouldnt have any problems with noise there.

Hope this helps

i am starting to worry. we have stateroom A402 and A406 on the aloha deck which is right under the Lido deck.

this is for an alaska cruise next may/2010.

will it be noisy? maybe not from the pool but from moving chairs or cleaning the deck.

should we move?

thanks,