CruisesOnMyMind

Cruise ship policies have a habit of changing. Would love

to wait until we board to order from room service...but

what if the precruise ordering of liquor is discontinued

(in the interest of more profits). I'll pay the extra $2

now for the ease of mind knowing I'll pay for fewer $7

drinks onboard.

Thankyou for your research lawofraven,

I did order through Princess and am sure I am will be happy with my Bon Voyage gift. I hope I will not be bothered with bringing my own Diet Lemon Pepsi on board with me as I see only Coke on the menu.

This brings up another question,,,How do you Pre- reserve the Italian/steak restuarants. And does anyone know what nights are formal?

I have never used wellwishers but have used another service like it. Does anyone know if Princess has stopped accepting beer deliveries from all services? Will Princess let us carry our own beer onboard? DH and I go a day early and stay in a hotel and I was thinking I would just have the beer delivered to our hotel and carry it on to the ship myself. Angie

At present, it is just Well Wishers that is limited to delivering wine and/or champagne. They said they were unaware of why this policy was put into effect. "Something" must have happened...

I've seen beer being carried on at embarkation in the past. You may (or may not) have a problem with it. Just Because of You is still able to deliver beer and alcohol to Princess ships at the present time.

Linda

http://*****.com/6ljfj

Just remember everyone, you can also call room service when you get to the ship and order exactly the same things as you would to send yourself a gift. But the prices are a couple dollars cheaper. I mean, no matter how it is delivered, you need to tip, even if it is ordered before you arrive if you have to call room service to have it delivered, right?

Save the 2 bucks and order it when you board and then give that extra to the steward that delivers it. ;)

Is the tipping of room service the norm? With the automatic gratuites I am unsure what is the expectation.

Yes

It is still customary to tip for room service. On Princess you can hand them cash or add it to the room service "bill", usually a guest check for $0.

Standard tips seem to run between two and four dollars depending on what they bring

For the delivery of those "gift" items one doesn't even have to be in the room. We were on board by noon, gift cards were in the pocket by the door, called room service, left $5 and three cards on bed, and went off exploring the ship.

Room service staff members are not included in the automatic tipping system with room stewards and dining staff. They are more like the bartenders. We found each of them to be extremely nice and very helpful and deserving of an extra few dollars here and there.

Since DH is not going on the cruise with me, he ordered me a gift! So does that mean when I get to the room a "gift card" will be there and then I call and order it? I would think it would be more of a surprize if it were all set up in the room for when you arrive. Not that I'm complaining, I know that he did it and what it is. Just a nice touch I think.

• 10 months later...
I was looking at the same thing by coincidence tonight and noticed that there is a beer package that offers 6 for the price of 5 and also a soda package for the same. So, if I preordered 6 buds for me, 6 silver bullets for my wife and a bunch of sodas, wouldn't we save a bit more than 2 bucks. Plus we are going to buy at least one bottle of vodka for BM's on the balcony and the pamphlet states "prices include gratuity". We of course always tip nicley for room service. I'm not trying to cheap out here. We thought it would be cool to have some cocktails ready for us when we boarded. I see you still have to call room service which I didn't know until now. In giving it some thought now it seems to me you could sav some bucks by doing this. Or maybe I'm missing something.

What size bottles are included in the soda package, or are they cans? I was thinking of using my Visa points to order ahead so the kids can have drinks in their cabin to start them off.

I notice on the order form they do not mention the size of bottle for Crown Royal! Does anyone know what this might be. Since it is a normaly a bit more expensive than the others listed, 375ML (micky size). Less than that is a couple of drinks so gets pretty expensive then.

The Crown Royal is litre size bottle.

Archived