OT-SanDisk 1GB Compact Flash Card for $134.00 Good Price?

The price in most retail stores will be higher. The 1GB Sandisk compact flash card routinely sells for about $130 on Ebay. If you can get it in a store in the original packaging for that price it's pretty good.

Great price, but why do you want a card so large? That card would hold upwards of 1600 pictures on my camera. I'd rather spread them out over several cards, at least 4 256mb cards. Cards do go bad and if all your pics are on one, you're done.

No real reason for the large card, besides I thought the 1GB was a better value then getting 4 256mb cards, plus I thought there was more chances of losing the extra cards rather then just the one in the camera. This way I will never need to take it out of the camera until I get home from vacation.

If anyone else is interested here is where I saw the great price.

[url="http://shop.upgradesource.com/index.php?cPath=71_72"]http://shop.upgradesource.com/index.php?cPath=71_72[/url]

Jimbo:)

There is a price-value issue, surely. You've got a great price there on the 1 GB card -- can you get a similarly great price on 512 MB or 256 MB cards? If so, there are some good reasons to consider the smaller cards. You mention loss; however, keep in mind that if you lose your 1 GB card, you've lost everything, while if you lose one of four 256 MB cards, you've only lost 25% of your capacity.

1 GB is a good amount of space, I feel. I'll get about 350-400 shots with just a bit less capacity. (I've got one 512 MB, one 256 MB, one 128 MB, one 32 MB, and one 8 MB, which is about 10% less than 1 GB.) I like having "one of each" so I can have a card available for just about every need, and then can combine them appropriately, when I need more capacity, and bring them all when I need all my capacity.

Jimbo, some of the new cameras from Canon the Powershot 1S(I think is the model name) have a high quality video option, and can create a full 1 hour movie using the 1 GB card. This allows you to completely replace your camera and your videocam with a small point and shoot with zoom digital camera. It is a pretty neat feature. That seems like a good price to me BTW. Also, some of the new Canon and other cameras now have almost gone to 10 megapixels on the highest end cameras. So if you are shooting in the highest quality these huge cards are a plus. Amazingly, they are now making over 2 gigabyte CF cards. Amazing. I remember my first hard drive 20 megabytes and it cost me $500 to team with my Mac Plus Apple computer back in the 80s.

jc

Archived