Suite perks for accompanying passengers?

redrobin

For an upcoming cruise am looking at booking a suite and an interior. Spouse and I would be in the suite and child and grandparent in the interior. Would they be able to take advantage of some of the suite perks with us, for instance, the expedited embarkation, priority tendering...? Thanks.

We asked specifically about these while onboard the Coral (we were in a VS, and kids and my mom were in 2 adjacent mini's) and were told that the priority tendering was reserved for suite pax only. Turns out we didn't need to use this perk, as we docked in cozumel and had ship's excursions in panama and grand cayman. We arrived so early for check in that there was no line, so we didn't bother with priority check in. We also didn't use the suite/elite lounge at disembarkation...we prefer to wait out on the promenade deck.

We did order full breakfast and dinner for room service, and included orders for everyone in our travel party -- no problem, and no questions asked.

For an upcoming cruise am looking at booking a suite and an interior. Spouse and I would be in the suite and child and grandparent in the interior. Would they be able to take advantage of some of the suite perks with us, for instance, the expedited embarkation, priority tendering...? Thanks.

As far as priority tendering, I 've read on this board recently of

suite passengers who simply asked for extra tender tickets at the purser's

desk.

As far as priority tendering, I 've read on this board recently of

suite passengers who simply asked for extra tender tickets at the purser's

desk.

I did... but was told that none were available. I didn't push the issue, since only two of us (out of 7) were actually in the suite. Really the main suite perk for us is the cabin itself; the other things are nice, but not deal breakers. I totally understood the need to limit some of these perks to the suite pax themselves, even if they are cruising as part of a larger group (but they were kind enough to provide extra chocolate covered strawberries every evening so we could share them with our family, and had no problem when we ordered room service for more than 2 people, or reserved a table for seven at 7pm in the anytime dining room).

My husband and I were in a suite on the 3/19/06 Star sailing and our 3 kid (13, 15, and 17 at the time) were in an inside cabin. The kids got to board with us and when it came down to the priority tender tickets all I did was go down to the purser's desk and explain the situation and they gave me 3 more tickets. They wouldn't give me the extra tickets for the week and told me to come back to get more as I needed them. The first time they looked in the computer and saw that they were indeed our kids and linked with us and then noted it in the account so it was a quick and easy look up for the next time.

Maybe it was different as they were all our minor children, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As far as meals, we were able to order whatever we wanted to our cabin and the kids could join us in there. I ordered full breakfast one morning and told them to serve 5 and there was no hesitation and no problem.

Now our friends that were also cruising with us and the reservations were linked were not allowed to participate in the priority tender tickets which was completely understandable.

Does anyone know if they still leave the tender tickets for the whole week in your cabin on the first day? When we arrived in our cabin on our last cruise the priority tender tickets were laying on the bed for the two ports we tendered into. Do they still do this? Or do they give them to you the night before?

Does anyone know if they still leave the tender tickets for the whole week in your cabin on the first day? When we arrived in our cabin on our last cruise the priority tender tickets were laying on the bed for the two ports we tendered into. Do they still do this? Or do they give them to you the night before?

Yes, we had these in our room on the day we arrived but did not use them as we traveled with a group and we really didnt need them as the tenders where running pretty good and fast throught the day!

Haven't had this experience from a suite standpoint, but have had it from an Elite member standpoint (many of the perqs are the same).

Had 2 cabins for 4 people (one being my elderly aunt), and I was the only elite member. For priority embarkation, they gave out numbers. I told the person handing out the numbers that we were together, and they gave each of the 4 in my party the same number 1. For priority tender tickets, I went to the purser's desk and told them that 2 tickets didn't do me any good--since I couldn't get off separately from the rest of my group. I asked for 2 more. They wouldn't give me extra tickets, but they told me that the 2 I had would be good for my whole party. When we got to the point where they were taking the tickets, I told the officer what the purser had told me. He agreed and let all 4 of us on.

As far as the other perqs, you are certainly welcome to share your mini-bar set up and hor d'ovres (sp?) among everyone--just less for you since you only get one free set-up. If you have a need for laundry or dry cleaning, it's free if sent out from the suite--they aren't going to check to make see if the clothes are the childs or granparents.

My husband and I were in a suite on the 3/19/06 Star sailing and our 3 kid (13, 15, and 17 at the time) were in an inside cabin. The kids got to board with us and when it came down to the priority tender tickets all I did was go down to the purser's desk and explain the situation and they gave me 3 more tickets. They wouldn't give me the extra tickets for the week and told me to come back to get more as I needed them. The first time they looked in the computer and saw that they were indeed our kids and linked with us and then noted it in the account so it was a quick and easy look up for the next time.

Maybe it was different as they were all our minor children, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As far as meals, we were able to order whatever we wanted to our cabin and the kids could join us in there. I ordered full breakfast one morning and told them to serve 5 and there was no hesitation and no problem.

Now our friends that were also cruising with us and the reservations were linked were not allowed to participate in the priority tender tickets which was completely understandable.

This is not meant as a criticism, I'm just curious. I'm surprised you were able to get 3 teenagers in a cabin by themselves. I thought there had to be an adult in every cabin.

Archived