Upgrades?

Roimont

Is this where I hand in my sign and sale information?

That is actually the check in agent - you want to speak with the pier co-ordinator.

On each of my cruises there has always been a sign posted that stated there were no upgrades available - be prepared that this may very well happen on your sailing as well....

Best thing to do is make sure you book a cabin you are happy with - and if there is by chance a pier upgrade at sailing, then it is a true bonus!

Good Luck!

I am confused. Why do they give people free upgrades when they could make money by selling them right before cruising ? Or do they wait and if they cannot sell all the nicer rooms, THEN do they give them away ? I had a friend take her first cruise a few weeks ago ( on Carnival ) and she had booked an oceanview. They got upgraded to a suite, and it had a jacuzzi tub so that had to be a BIG suite ? This was on the Sensation.

I am learning so much on this site. :)

It's true that Diamond Plus Pax are eligible for Upgrades from two to three weeks out, however RCCL hold back 5 cabins in each category for last minute sales and 2 to 3 suites. In our experience, upgrades for D+ are few and far between.

Or - 12 cruises in a suite :)

I have never obtained more then one credit per cruise so it did slip my mind. Suites and long cruises earn more credits toward the C and A Status but you can never earn more then 3 credits in one cruise.

about 3 weeks before sailing the diamond plus rep calls and if there are upgrades available the diamond plus people get them complimantary.

Plus there has to be 5 in each category......JS or GS or OS.......you dont get one if there are 5 total suites(i.e 2 JS,2GS,1 OS)........

And you can only go from inside to outside.............outside to balcony..balcony to suite.............

It is not as easy to get as one thinks......

And it is for cruises 5 nights or longer.............not good for those measly short Sovereign cruises :p

You have to have 75 cruises to get upgrades on shorter cruises..

So, you are saying that if a Diamond plus member has an Inside stateroom booked, a RCCL rep may call them and offer the Royal Suite for free! Doesn't seem right even if they have cruised more.

How do they decide which Diamond member to call first?

OK, just disregard the above questions. I wrote this reply around 5:00 and thought I had submitted the question. Just came back on and found it still sitting on my screen, so I submitted it and then read the newer post. :D

What y'all have stated makes more sense, now. Thanks!

I forgot about the double credit if we book a suite. Guess we will be up to 8 credits after our next cruise.

So, you are saying that if a Diamond plus member has an Inside stateroom booked, a RCCL rep may call them and offer the Royal Suite for free! Doesn't seem right even if they have cruised more.

No, as PH8 explained, it's a one category upgrade. (see post #17)

OK, just disregard the above questions. I wrote this reply around 5:00 and thought I had submitted the question. Just came back on and found it still sitting on my screen, so I submitted it and then read the newer post. :D

What y'all have stated makes more sense, now. Thanks!

I forgot about the double credit if we book a suite. Guess we will be up to 8 credits after our next cruise.

No, as PH8 explained, it's a one category upgrade. (see post #17)
PLUS there are never 5 RSs so we can never get those............has to be 5 of that particular cabin available.

I think we all can!;)
ALL???Maybe not all of us..........

Archived