what do you do for a tux?

foneguy

I get one from the ship...it's reasonalbly priced and plus you don't have to worry about packing it. Saves on luggage weight at the airport. But a tip is to try it on as soon as you arrive as it will be waiting in your room. If you need alterations or there are problems it's easier to fix than waiting for formal night.

Buying a tux isn't that expensive! Unless you are still growing and changing sizes frequently, they don't go out of style and can be used over and over again!

If it's packing issues you have, then rent on the ship--they will deliver to your room.

JC pennys now carries tux seperates so for about a $100 you can have a tux with minimal alterations.

Also if you are sure of your size Ebay has some great deals...I wanted something a bit different so I bid on a tux with a shawl collar, Got it for 19.00 plus 7.00 shipping. Total drycleaning and alterations came to about 30.00.....not bad. It fits and looks great! all for about 55.00

Dave:eek:

Just picked up a Ralph Lauren Chaps tux on ebay (jacket, slacks, shirt, bow tie, cuff links & studs and pocket hankie) for under $100! Got here in about 3 days & fits perfectly. Many local tux shops will do a courtesy measuring for you for free so you get sizes right.

My DH bought a 100% tropical weight wool tux at a local consignment store for $50. It still had the original labels from a high end men's store here in town and sold for $490. It fit perfectly and he has already worn it half a dozen times so it paid for itself very quickly.

Dave, I have searching ebay for a shawl collar options so hope I have your luck!

or try www.uniformalwearhouse.com

My dh had a black tux but we decided to get a white dinner tux jacket for our Serenande cruise. He wore black jacket first night and white the second.

Any way.....they have tux packages..... the whole enchilada starting at 89.99

We were very happy with the white dinner jacket we got from them. Customer service was great and I also returned a few items (extra cumberbund and handkerchief) with no problems whatsoever. The even sent the jacket in a really nice suit carrier.

So for the price you would rent one for - you can buy one and have it for future use.... or..... sell it on ebay or in a consignment store :D

The first cruise I wore a suit.

The second cruise I rented a tux through the cruise line. Very convenient to use. Tux was delivered to our room so no worries about packing extra clothing. Good quality and if there's a problem the ships tailor can take care of it quickly for you. There are several options such as different coats, vest's et....to give you a different look on each formal night (extra charge through).

By the third cruise I just bought a tux and, over time, I've added accesseries to give me a differnt look each night even though it's the same tux. The draw back to owning your own tux is you have to pack it. The bonus is after two or three cruises your saving money plus, you have it for those rare occasions when you might need it at home.

All in all I prefer owning a tux to renting it but, that doesn't work for everyone.

Tuxedos For All Formal Occasions

I wear a tux 4 times a month for my Masonic Lodge and this is where I can get a reasonable one at a good price .When we go on a Cruise though I rent it from the Ship as it is one less thing I have to pack and frees up space as a tux with all the extras takes up good space.If there is a prblem then can handle it on the ship right away and you get 2 shirts and can get the 2 jacket packet as previous posters have stated. Also remeber to try it on as soon as you get on the ship so you can have anything handled right away!Good luck.

I have a black suit ( weddings and funerals) add a formal shirt and studs..........bow tie and cumberbun............Faux Tux. Minimal cost, looks good.
Me too, then for the second formal night I wear it with a regular shirt/tie. I used to take a tux and another dark suit, but found this works as well.

Archived