VOS Junior suite vs. superior oceanview stateroom

We are looking at the Voyager of the Seas ship and wonder if the superior oceanview stateroom is really much different than the junior suite. Also, can anyone comment on a room directly across from the concierge club of this ship on deck nine. I'm concerned that the traffic there might be a little loud. I'm a really light sleeper and would hate to end up in a noisey area. Same question about adjoining rooms on this ship. In some hotels the door doesn't offer much to block noise from the adjoing room. Any comments would be a big help with our selection. Thanks

Personally I would have thought the main deciding factor would be whether or not you wanted a balcony.

Speaking personally I consider a balcony to be essential.

Where can you sit & enjoy the sunset in your bathrobe, ;) if you wake before you DW & don’t want to disturbed her slumbers, :mad: where do u go. Do you really want to go sit in the hall way? :eek:

I don’t think so. Have a great cruise

We are looking at the Voyager of the Seas ship and wonder if the superior oceanview stateroom is really much different than the junior suite. Also, can anyone comment on a room directly across from the concierge club of this ship on deck nine. I'm concerned that the traffic there might be a little loud. I'm a really light sleeper and would hate to end up in a noisey area. Same question about adjoining rooms on this ship. In some hotels the door doesn't offer much to block noise from the adjoing room. Any comments would be a big help with our selection. Thanks

We had a Superior oceanview (balcony) stateroom on the Voyager and a Jr suite on the Explorer. The Jr suite is considerably larger, close to double in size. Larger bathroom with Full tub & shower, sort of a separate sitting area with sofa, 2 chairs & coffee table, a walk in closet with plenty of room, and the balcony was avarage size. On the Explorer we were just around the corner from the Concierge, cabin #9318, great location and I did not find noisy. Both ships are have basically the same layout, hope that helps!

There shouldn't be a noise problem from the Concierge Lounge. It is only really busy from 5 PM to 8:30 PM when it is open for free drinks to suite pax and Diamond members. Believe me, after 8:30, it is pretty dead. As to a JR suite vs. superior ov, if there are only 2 of you, I would stay with the sov. Yes, the JR suite ( not considered a real suite and thus NOT elegilbe to access the Concierge Lounge) has a larger sitting area with not only a sofa but a couple of club chairs. We've done both and unless the JR suite was the same price (or less as was the case once when we booked!), I would stay with the D catagory. Whoops, I forgot the JR suite does have the larger bathroom with a full tub. That is just not so important to me. Still, I wouldn't pay very much more than for the D.

Look at the deck plans, and you will see how much larger a JS is compared to the balcony cabin.

The added space really is nice--and the walk-in closet is a godsend! Plus, because of the bathtub, the bathroom is larger and less cramped. ]

Don't forget the extra C&A credit--and priority embarkation!

We will not sail if we can't stay in a JS--vacations aren't meant to be cramped, IMO!!!

Archived