Radiance Balcony Question?

Hopefully, some of you more experienced cruisers can help me with this. I've only cruised on Voyager class ships, and I am ready to book on Radiance of the Seas and have a balcony question. We are thinking of D1, cabin 9092 port side, which is right after the hump. The balcony looks very large, but I was wondering what, if any, pros and cons there are to this cabin. It's right by the elevator, but that doesn't bother either of us. Cabins 9580 and 9578 at the beginning of the hump are also available. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I haven't stayed in 9092, but I did go into it on Serenade (same layout as Radiance for that cabin and 9078). Here's a shot of the Radiance hump: http://image02.webshots.com/2/9/96/57/44499657dTrgjn_fs.jpg

9092 is the second balcony from the top directly behind the glass elevators. As you can see, it's a deep balcony, so it's huge (there were 2 loungers on the Serenade 9092 balcony) and as a result, the cabin itself might not get a lot of natural light.

As for noise, I think some posters have reported that they didn't hear anything from the Centrum in 9092, but as you progress to Decks 8 and 7 there was some noise. You might be able to find some information if you do a search with "9092" in the title bar.

I've seen some very favorable reviews of 9078, too. I think its balcony is larger than that of 9578.

Good luck!

I stayed in 9078 last month on the Radiance. The balcony is huge. I understood there were chaise lounges but unfortunately only 2 chairs and small table. We asked and even offered attendant some money to get chaises but he said "sorry cannot do". He did get 2 smaller chairs to put our feet up on. The location is great. Never noticed any noice from the elevator area. The views were wonderful. This was not a problem for us but the balcony is mostly under the balcony above so it is rather dark. I'd take it again in a heart beat. Enjoy.

If you want to enjoy lounge chairs on your nice big balcony just bring them down yourself. I know it sounds odd and it is a bit of a hassle but we did it from the pool deck in the elevator on the Radiance then we had them to enjoy for our cruise.

The elevators are in their own hallway, so the only thing you will get is convenience!!! No noise.

Really, none of the balconies (except afts) get much sun, unless it is early morning or late afternoon.(Depending on which side you are on!) All are shaded by the balcony on top of the other, and the 10th deck has the pool deck above... If you want sun, go to the pool!

We were in 1060 directly above our friends who booked 9092 last September. Their balcony was much larger than normal and you could not hear the elevators at all. There's another benefit from being just after the hump on that side...almost no wind and 1060's balcony projects farther out and shields you from the rain (if any). This also means less sun, if that's important to you.

Photos of the trip and the ship are here: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/alaska2006

if you're interested.

Dave

Archived