Please help me choose our Voyager cruise

poss

A few years ago, we took our maiden cruise (hadn't thought we'd enjoy cruising) and absolutely loved it. We did Voyager to the Baltics. We're now ready to book again with Voyager, but can't decide which of the September or October trips to take. Each has appeal and each stops at some places that we've travelled before, some not (some places I've never heard of, in fact). I'm hoping very much to get feedback from people who've done one or more of the Greek, Mediterranean or western Europe tours. Do people have a favorite? How do they compare to the Baltic cruise? etc.

I really hope I get good in-put here because nothing is leaning us in one or the other direction-- and if I don't get "moved" in one way or another, I'll probably just forget the whole idea. But we really would like to take another cruise! Thanks so much. (We're in our 70's, fit and healthy-- but still not spring chickens, if that matters.) (By the way, the 2 places we loved most on Baltic cruise were the ones I'd known least about, viz Tallin and Visby.)

Thanks!!

Oh, you should go for it! I've only done a couple of ports, east and west, but I think it depends on what you like to do in a port--do you like to have somewhere close to go, and explore on your own? Do you like to soak up local culture? History and archaeology?

Personally I love Greece, and the history there. Also loved Istanbul for similar reasons. One of the 7-day trips I see, Istanbul-Athens has a stop in Napflio, which I have been to--it is beautiful, and close to amazing ancient ruins.

But then there's Italy--I think anything would be good, they all sound wonderful!

We've been on Voyager only once but loved it (except for the bedding, which I hope they are changing out). DH and I looked at all of the Sep and Oct cruises and if we could go on any of them (prior family obligations and commitments), we would be on the Sep 12th cruise. The lecture program is fantastic (if you like that), the Condon Blue experience sounds absolutely fantastic (we both love to cook, after so many years of chicken, fish, steak, hamburger you want something new), and the Food and Wine experience was wonderful--the cheeses were great and actually tasted new ones. The ports are intriguing as well. Wasn't too impressed with Monte Carlo, but it did have some wonderful art work. Lived in Spain for 4 years and it has so much to offer. Visited Lisbon once and really need to go back and see more. Bordeaux is beautiful and has so much to offer. Must admit I've never been to Bilbao but understand the food and people are great. On the flip side, we would love to go to Venice. A trip to Rome is always welcome. We've been there 3 times and still love it each time. There is so much to see. Now I see your quandry! By the way, the people we meet on the Voyager were wonderful! We've been on 9 cruises and felt the crew member on Voyager took special care to make their guest feel special.

We were on last year's cruise in June - Monte Carlo to Dover. It was Food and Wine theme and there was Cordon Bleu on board. We actually went with Wendy (Wandra) and her DH and another couple as well. It was the perfect cruise - actually one of our best. We loved the ports, the ship was perfection and we had the time of our lives. They do a reverse of that itinerary - slightly different. Bordeaux was amazing and not frequently a port as was Honfleur. We were in Lisbon, Malaga and passed the Rock of Gibraltar too where Captain Knute spun the ship for us to see it all lit up!

I have done three RSSC cruises with Food and Wine theme (now called Spotlight) and done the Cordon Bleu Program twice. I enjoyed it enough to do a third time on the Monte Carlo to FLL crossing on Voyager this coming November - with others that were on my last few cruises and have also done the Cordon Bleu program.

Archived