What is it about Robes???

ckrobyn

o.k... I'll admit that I could care less about a robe. Then again, we always travel in an inside or oceanview cabin. So when, as a Platinum, we see robes in our cabin, out thought is "what a waste of precious closet space!"

:eek: :eek: You can always lay the robe at the foot of your bed to keep your tootsies warm! :rolleyes: LOL!

Count me in, the first thing I do when I go home after work is change and put my fluffy terry cloth robe on. There's nothing like it.

I just went Platinum, do I get a robe on my next cruise in April? Please say yes, please say yes.......more to look forward to. :D

And soo...That doesn't hurt anyone, and if it makes someones vacation exactly what they want it to be...so be it. At least they aren't making you do it. If you really want to roll your eyes, My group wore them on formal night to take pictures in! It was very fun.:rolleyes: :D :p

Jan....ROFLMAO!! Sounds like a protest right out of the 60's!!!! I can just picture all of you wearing the formal beaded lanyards that you sell, and burning your bras!! :eek: :D You're right...I wouldn't have rolled my eyes...they would have been covered by my hands....You are too funny!!

Count me in, the first thing I do when I go home after work is change and put my fluffy terry cloth robe on. There's nothing like it.

I just went Platinum, do I get a robe on my next cruise in April? Please say yes, please say yes.......more to look forward to. :D

YES! YES! YES! :p

:eek: :eek: You can always lay the robe at the foot of your bed to keep your tootsies warm! :rolleyes: LOL!

It would also be fun for everyone to wear their robes to the manadatory lifeboat drill. That would be quite a sight!:)

Thanks Robyn, you made my day! Now I too can stand on my balcony, sipping coffee with my RCI robe in April, woo hooo me.....:p It's the little things that make us happy, lol.

Anne - you know you have "arrived" when the robe is actually waiting for you in your cabin and you don't have to beg for one! :D

Robyn, I'm on AOS in April. Make sure you come back and tell us how you liked AOS. I'm anxious to hear your review.

Anne - this will be our 2nd and 3rd cruise on the AOS - we sailed her last year and this year are doing a back to back.

I can tell you now that you will love the AOS! We had a spectacular cruise last January on a great ship with an outstanding crew :) The ports are wonderful and we love sailing out of San Juan. I have sailed out of Florida in the winter and get frustrated when the temps are only in the high 60's. When we sailed out of San Juan in January, it was already mid 80's!

If you have specific questions you would like answered, please let me know. You can feel free to email me ckrobyn@hotmail.com

I also have LOTS of pictures if you are at all interested?

We had the robes on our last cruise. If they just made them in tall sizes, I'd be happy. When you are 6'4" with a 48" chest and 38" sleeve length, the robes look a bit comical. Almost like a prop for the new movie: "Honey I shrunk the robes!"

I don't wear a robe at home either, and maybe it makes me an idiot, but I couldn't wait to get my robe when we cruised Freedom in Jan. When I saw them sitting on our sofa, I did a happy dance. And I used it everyday because it did indeed make me feel special. I don't know what it is about the robes, but I hope whoever thought of them in the RCCL marketing dept. got a nice bonus!:D

Question -- We are doing our first RCI cruise in April. Will we have a robe in our cabin? I hope so. If the answer is yes, are the robes similar to the robes on Princess?

If you have booked a GS or above and/or are a Platinum Member or above, the robes will automatically appear in your cabin. If you are none of the above, you will have to ask your cabin attendant for one.....you may or may not get one.....:rolleyes:

Do you get to keep the robes? :confused:

I believe I read that even if you aren't "entitled" to a robe, you can ask for one and sometimes will get one. Are you supposed to leave it or do you take it and they charge you for it.

I don't wear a robe at home either, and maybe it makes me an idiot, but I couldn't wait to get my robe when we cruised Freedom in Jan. When I saw them sitting on our sofa, I did a happy dance. And I used it everyday because it did indeed make me feel special. I don't know what it is about the robes, but I hope whoever thought of them in the RCCL marketing dept. got a nice bonus!:D

OMG! That is too funny! Not only do we have doc dancers, we now have robe dancers too! :p :p

Do you get to keep the robes? :confused:

I believe I read that even if you aren't "entitled" to a robe, you can ask for one and sometimes will get one. Are you supposed to leave it or do you take it and they charge you for it.

No, you cannot take the robe home with you (although I understand why you would want to!):)

Yes, you can ask for one - even if you are not amongst those who are entitled to one. Hit or miss - maybe you'll get one, maybe not.

No, you cannot take the robe home with you (although I understand why you would want to!):)

Yes, you can ask for one - even if you are not amongst those who are entitled to one. Hit or miss - maybe you'll get one, maybe not.

Now maybe I will ask for one in 50 days! ;) Can't hurt to ask!

Well I will be different here and say that the whole robe thing is pretty stupid to me. If you want to walk around in a robe, bring one with you. A cruise isnt a visit to an old folks retirement home, and that is what you see everyone wearing there....a half open robe and houseshoes hanging off of their feet.

I would rather have a few more mints on my pillow than a robe.

So many people act like having a complimentary robe is some sort of "right" when they cruise. S-T-U-P-I-D.

Well I will be different here and say that the whole robe thing is pretty stupid to me. If you want to walk around in a robe, bring one with you. A cruise isnt a visit to an old folks retirement home, and that is what you see everyone wearing there....a half open robe and houseshoes hanging off of their feet.

I would rather have a few more mints on my pillow than a robe.

So many people act like having a complimentary robe is some sort of "right" when they cruise. S-T-U-P-I-D.

I find your reference to our senior citizens downright offensive.

I manage a 129 suite retirement residence and not ONE of my residents wears a half open robe with houseshoes hanging off their feet.

Shame on you for suggesting that the seniors of our nation have no class.

Archived