Princess souffles??

melissasneu

We sailed the Sun Princess last year and the souffles were to die for. Very smooth, flavorful and the sauces were perfect. This year we sailed on the Grand, and their souffles were terrible. We were so disappointed. It was the first time we sailed on the large ship and we found the food in general not as good as on the mid class ship. I think it is because they have the one galley with more people to serve. Regardless, I guess with the souffles, it will vary from galley to galley, cook to cook. But I recommend you try them and hopefully you'll get a good one.

To answer the question on on what is a souffle, think of a very airy, yet dense warm pudding with a sauce. The flavors I've experienced with princess range from exotic (passion fruit) to simple (orange). Enjoy and good luck!

If you are an addict you need to cruise DCL - Palo's has the best souffle, you order it when you arrive and it has 2 sauces it is so yummy and the best desert I have ever had on land or sea and anywhere in between!!!;)

Unfortunately, Disney Cruises are out of my price range right now. As a public school teacher, I feel fortunate that I can afford to cruise at all. My sister has been on the Wonder (for her honeymoon), and she raves about Disney, but she loves Princess, too, so i don't feel TOO bad. Nonetheless, I will make it my mission in life to have a DCL souffle in the Caribbean (sounds like heaven).

Just back from the Diamond...had the souffles twice. They were both excellent...and served piping hot. I did think it was odd to have it removed from the ramekin to the plate because I had never seen that before...but it was very good anyway.

I guess thats just their way of serving it..

Love the souffle, don't love the sauce!

I too, was surprised when our waiter removed the souffle from its ramekin and put it on the plate. He did not slit the top and pour in the sauce, but rather, simply poured the sauce ALL over the souffle! I am not a big fan of lots of sauce on my food, and I felt that the sauce sort of soggied (??) the souffle instead of enhancing it. So from then on I just had a little dab put on the side of the plate and ate the souffle plain. Yum!

We recently returned from the Grand and had several souffles that were absolutley delicious - hot, moist and flavorful. Our waiter left them in the ramekins and brought us each a bowl of lovely sauce, which we could use sparingly or slather all over or in the hot concoction. They were heavenly! Wish I had one tonight.:)

My niece and I tried every one on the Star Mediterranean - they all tasted the same with no rich, deep flavor. The Grand Marnier was the best, but not comparable to some we have had at land restaurants. Very disapointing. I guess the chef does make a difference. It is interesting to read the comments on this board that reflect such a wide variety of experiences! I would give them one more try - perhaps another ship than the Star. We liked everything else (except coffee) about the Star both times we sailed.

We've tried the souffles on the Coral, Caribbean and Diamond and found them to be rather blah compared to say an Emeril's (not that this is a fair comparison). We have liked the other Princess desserts much better, especially all Princess ice cream, the cheesecake and the Love Boat Dream (although the latter also varied ship to ship).

Les

Archived