Princess souffles??

melissasneu

It has been a few years since we have sailed with Princess and I always loved their wonderful souffles that were offered several times on the dessert menu. Can someone tell me if these wonderful desserts are still offered? We will be sailing the CB in April.

This is one desert that Princess does so extremely well! Love the souffles and have them each time they are on the menu.

When we were on the Tahitian Princess last summer, they had some different souffles than what we have seen on the other ships. So yummy.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Hulagirl

On our last cruise, they had souffles many times. I had heard so much about them, but we didn't like them so much. We felt they were bland a lot of the time.

Looking forward to trying again on the Sapphire Princess in April.

We had souffles twice onboard Sapphire Princess. I love souffles but can honestly say the ones served on Princess were the only disappointing desserts the entire cruise. I thought they were very dry and bland. I have never before seen them served by being dished out of the ramekin and dumped on a plate. On every other occasion that I have been served a souffle, including in some five star restaurants(where if you want one, you have to place your order almost ammediately upon being seated) the souffle has remained in the ramekin, the waiter has made an opening in the top and poured in a vanilla sauce. As I say, every other dessert that I had on Princess has been absolutely excellent, but I will pass the next time they offer souffles.

On our last cruise, they had souffles many times. I had heard so much about them, but we didn't like them so much. We felt they were bland a lot of the time.

We had souffles twice onboard Sapphire Princess. I love souffles but can honestly say the ones served on Princess were the only disappointing desserts the entire cruise. I thought they were very dry and bland.

Oh my :eek: how could they be bland or dry with all that yummy sauce (of course with no calories) poured all over them. Neither have I had a problem with how they are served. Love it when the come in a larger souffle crock and I'm the only one who wants some - more for me!!! :D I wasn't real excited about our upcoming cruise until I read this post. All of the Princess souffles I've had were to die for and if there is a bad one out there I've avoided it.

We had them several times on our last cruise on the Sun Princess in December. Since this was our first 10-night cruise on Princess, we got to see some new menu items. But because it had been three years since our last Princess cruise, I couldn't remember exactly which souffles were new and which were offered on the 7-night cruises.

One of our tablemates wanted her souffles in the ramekin. Our waiter left them in for her and spooned the sauce into them.

The quality of the food probably depends upon the quality of the chefs. On some ships it will be better than on others.

An American lady on our table raved about the souffles, which we tried, but were disappointed and much preferred the banana splits.

If you go on the Island, try them there. Mine was hot, in the ramekin, the waiter cut into it and poured sauce on it. Yummmmmmy!!!! Mine looked so good that others at my table ordered them too and were not disappointed. As one poster said, it could be the chef and/or the waiter.

Thanks for the replies. I am so glad to hear that they are still offered several times on the menu. I must say that I have experienced significant differences in the souffles in the past amongst different {Princess chefs. When prepared correctly they are divine (ie. the Grande Marnier Souffle)and look foward to trying them at each opportunity on the CB in April.

In November on the Grand, I was ecstatic to see Grand Marnier souffle on the menu one night. Our waiter liked to bring us the desert(s) he thought we would like best, but didn't bring me the souffle, so I requested that he do so. He was so right not to bring it in the first place. DRY and BLAND...not "deserty" at all. It was awful. Now, the chocolate souffles we had on the Elation for our first 2 cruised--awesome!.

I am a souffle addict. There is a cajun restaurant in Santa Barbara that serves the best ones ever (it's called The Palace grill...go there). I have to say, though, that Princess' souffles aren't in any way shabby. I agree that I prefer to have the top slit open while it is in the ramekin and then dump the sauce into the opening (drooooool), but it is not bad the other way either.

My only problem with all of the souffles on Princess is that I am then deprived of trying all of the other desserts:p I could be mistaken, but I think they had a souffle at least 5 out of the 7 nights.

Ha ha ha ha ha...actually, though I adore the souffles, I maintain that the Princess Love Boat Dream is divine simplicity...a dark chocolate heart-shaped piece of heaven.

It is important to note that your waiter will bring you every single dessert on the menu if you want it, and if you don't like it, oh well...get something else.

okay, now I want to go on my cruise RIGHT NOW!

I am a souffle addict. There is a cajun restaurant in Santa Barbara that serves the best ones ever (it's called The Palace grill...go there). I have to say, though, that Princess' souffles aren't in any way shabby. I agree that I prefer to have the top slit open while it is in the ramekin and then dump the sauce into the opening (drooooool), but it is not bad the other way either.

If you are an addict you need to cruise DCL - Palo's has the best souffle, you order it when you arrive and it has 2 sauces it is so yummy and the best desert I have ever had on land or sea and anywhere in between!!!;)

It has been a few years since we have sailed with Princess and I always loved their wonderful souffles that were offered several times on the dessert menu. Can someone tell me if these wonderful desserts are still offered? We will be sailing the CB in April.

On the Crown, they were offered in the dining room on several nights...although they were dry and blah to me. The one offered in the Crown Grill was absolutely superb! I believe they call it a Chocolate Volcano or something like that. It's to die for! ...hot molton chocolate center, moist outer cake with a slight crispness to the outer shell...flavorful...delightful. :p Can't wait to have another! I would have paid the cover charge just for this souffle.

I believe they call it a Chocolate Volcano or something like that. It's to die for! ...hot molton chocolate center, moist outer cake with a slight crispness to the outer shell...flavorful...delightful. :p

It's actually called the Molten Dutch Chocolate Fudge Obsession. And it's ohhhh soooo worth it!

Archived