Swelling

deeolasingh

No need for a prescription; just go to Walmart or any drugstore and pick up water pills (diuretics). Wouldn't sail without them. I never had the problem when I was young, now I do.

Thanks but I'm on other prescription meds so I would never take something like a diuretic with my doctors suggestion. I remember taking drug store diuretics years ago and they made me feel weak. I need something a little more regulated.

I never had this problem when I was younger either... isn't it sad that the way your body handles change changes so drastically with age. :eek:

Has anyone experienced swelling of hands and ankles/feet after a cruise?? cause my ankle are swollen they dont hurt they are just swollen. just wondering maybe its from the the water onboard.... I dont know...

If you do a search there was another thread about this. You will find those that say it isn't the water and others, with doctor back up, that will tell you it is. I personal swell and was told by doc it is the trace salt in the water.

Remember that if youre in a hot place, your feet will swell as normal, but the OP is back home. Could it be a form of Obessive Cruise Depression? OCD? They say the only cure is to book another cruise today !!!

Fred

Obessive Cruise Depression?

I LOVE IT!

:p

I currently have OCP

Obessive Cruise PLANNING! ARGH!!

Definitly margaritas will cause you to swell, definitly alot of walking will cause you to swell, heart problems will cause you to swell, liver problems will cause you to swell & heat will cause you to swell. I have diabetes but no swelling problems. If you drank alot for a few days you could have a fatty liver & just aggravated it in the process. Fatty liver is fairly common and can cause alot of problems, but the cure is easy...exercise, loose weight if you need to & eat the right stuff!

From what I have read here sounds like the drinking water on the ship is alot better then bottled water with no taste, so I doubt its the water you drank. As to food prep that could be a culprit! Depending on how much the food was seasoned with salt.

If you have problems that last longer then a few days a quick trip to the Doc is in order! Or I've also noticed if you cruised for 3 days & your still not right after 3 see a doc, if you cruise 5 & your not right after 5 see a doc & so on.

Whatever you do LISTEN TO YOUR BODY & if you don't feel right GO IMMEDIATELY to your DOCS!

Also you mentioned it was just your ankle so it is possible that you just overworked them a bit & they need to rest! Sometimes we have weaknesses that we're not aware of! You'd be suprised if you really sat back & thought how much walking you do on a cruise! I'd have loved to have a pedometer on my last one!

PS...NEVER take a diuretic without consulting your doc! They can cause a problem with your bodies electrolytes! Which could cause some SERIOUS problems!

Best of luck & best wishes!

Be blessed, be a blessing!

:p

while I haven't been on a cruise yet (39 more days! YEAH!), everytime I go away to a tropical place my feet and ankles start swelling by like the 5th day. But by the time I've been back for 2 days it's usually completely cleared up. Weird, I never knew what could cause it til now :)

Archived