Booking Onboard - Reduced deposit

billsgal

I spoke to an RCI District sales manager at a trade show tonight and asked about when the reduced deposit would go into effect onboard RCI. She told me they started it last week. $100 per person deposit will secure your onboard credit. You have to pay the remaining deposit (amount depends upon cruise length) when you book the ship, cabin and sail date

She also said this was REFUNDABLE, and does NOT expire. Anyone sail last week and experience this?

Thank you for that helpful info......I'm going on a cruise next month and will do that,so when the itineraries come out in May for 2008,I can finish booking it then.........planning on going to Bermuda..;)

I spoke to an RCI District sales manager at a trade show tonight and asked about when the reduced deposit would go into effect onboard RCI. She told me they started it last week. $100 per person deposit will secure your onboard credit. You have to pay the remaining deposit (amount depends upon cruise length) when you book the ship, cabin and sail date

She also said this was REFUNDABLE, and does NOT expire. Anyone sail last week and experience this?

Whenever we have booked on board, we have always had to select the date, ship and cabins. What am I missing here? Is the $100 deposit just an "open credit" deposit that secures the OBC that you can "bank" until you confirm? If so, that's a sweet deal. I'll put down a couple of deposits to bank credits for unplanned, last minute cruise possibilities. Thanks for the info.

Whenever we have booked on board, we have always had to select the date, ship and cabins. What am I missing here? Is the $100 deposit just an "open credit" deposit that secures the OBC that you can "bank" until you confirm? If so, that's a sweet deal. I'll put down a couple of deposits to bank credits for unplanned, last minute cruise possibilities. Thanks for the info.

This is great new!! I take my 1st cruie in 2 months and would love to hve the chance to secure a spot for my next one for 08..I also got a brochoure(sp) from my TA that includes dates for the 2008 year and prices that the web sit does not show past April of 08, all this new found info will come in handy:o

..I also got a brochoure(sp) from my TA that includes dates for the 2008 year and prices that the web sit does not show past April of 08..
Really?! There is a brochure available before the itineraries are released? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

So, do tell, what ship(s) are cruising out of Galveston starting in May 2008?

I asked on my last 3 cruises about this "phantom" reservation and told not available yet; last week on the Explorer, I was told that RCCL had decided to hold off on implementation. I really hoped I would not miss out as I wanted to have an additional cruise booked in reserve beyond my next one in September-just in case another one caught my eye before then.

Which was announced 2 months ago. You do not need a cruise to put down a deposit & get an OBC even with a group booking. The notice is sent to your TA to decide which booking you want. Then you are charged the remainder of the deposit and the OBC grows with the length of the cruise.

gadaboutgal,

Sorry for what happened to you, but what happened to you may be the correct story. I was told by a SHORESIDE person that this started last week, but we all know the communication between SHORESIDE and SHIPBOARD is definitely not the best. I'm interested in hearing what returning guests are saying, as they've experienced the situation firsthand. What SHORESHIDE say is happening and what actually happens can be different.

Anyone sail last week and experience this?

We asked the LA on Jewel of the Seas about NextCruise on Thursday... She said that it was all set up in the computer system, but that they were waiting for language from legal regarding the NextCruise agreement between RCCL and the pax. (and we all know how long that could take... :rolleyes: )

I asked on my last 3 cruises about this "phantom" reservation and told not available yet; last week on the Explorer, I was told that RCCL had decided to hold off on implementation. I really hoped I would not miss out as I wanted to have an additional cruise booked in reserve beyond my next one in September-just in case another one caught my eye before then.

We were on the Monarch last week and were told NextCruise was not available yet. :( LA told us they're still waiting so we booked a future cruise and will transfer booking number when we decide on which cruise we want to take. Wish RCI would decide what's really going to happen.

Really?! There is a brochure available before the itineraries are released? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

So, do tell, what ship(s) are cruising out of Galveston starting in May 2008?

APRIL I told myself that I should have brought into work today, I wil for sure look into that for you this afternoon

I asked the LA about this last week on the Serenade and she said it was coming shortly but not available yet. She said I would have to do an actual cruise booking to get the onboard credit and then change it once I decided on a ship and date. It also required the regular deposit not the reduced one. I currently have two onboard ghost booking deposits with Princess so will tend to favour that cruise line for my next booking. It was too much of a hassel the way RCCI wanted me to do it since I didn't have any particular cruise to do in mind at this time.

Hey April Voyager is the closest to May that I see...Apr. 13 for a 7 nt Wstrn Carib. The book does not go past that :o
Right. We can see that on the website. I asked because you stated:

I also got a brochoure(sp) from my TA that includes dates for the 2008 year and prices that the web sit does not show past April of 08
So what does this new brochure show that we can't see on the website?

Hey April I appologize I had picked up that book like that day and skimmed thru it so when I seen dates for 2008 I got a lil ahead, and for that I am sorry :(
Hey, no problem. It just sounded like maybe your TA got an advanced copy and you had the inside info so I was going to squeeze information out of you! :p ;) :D

I do appreciate you checking for me.

Happy cruise planning! :)

Archived