Standing Room Service Order?

ckrobyn

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer...

We are sailing for 14 nights on the AOS in an aft cabin. I want to order coffee each morning to be delivered by room service - do I have to put that door hanging thingy out each night, or can I just tell them I would like coffee each morning of the cruise? As well, can I request that they don't call in the morning before it arrives - my DH and DD will still be sleeping....

The first time I tried room service was on the Radiance in November and loved having my coffee delivered at 6:00am (yes, I said 6:00am!) so I could enjoy it on my aft balcony :) I'm an early riser.....

If I had a mid-ship cabin, I would probably run up to the Windjammer and get it myself - but anyone who has had an aft cabin knows how LONG that walk can be (chances are the coffee would be cold by the time I got it back to the cabin...LOL!)

All insight appreciated!

I have done it before on many cruises and never had a problem. I simply tell my room steward on the first day that I would like coffee and OJ delivered at 7am each morning. (Of course I also hand him a little something right then.) Nobody has ever given me a hard time and I have I gotten exactly what I requested on RCCL, X and Princess.

If you are relying on the room attendant to relay your room service order--who's delivering it? Are you still tipping the room service delivery person, or just the room attendant?

If they don't call you prior to delivery, do you just want to be awakened by a knock on the door?

You know, I never thought about a "standing order" from room service in the morning. We do the hang the ticket on the doorknob routine every night and get the phone call the next morning. We always order the same thing, OJ's for 4 and a pot of coffee (need something for the Baileys :D), this for the 2 of us.

I don't see why it couldn't work, unless room service only reacts to a discreet order system, in which case your cabin attendant would have to order each day instead of you.

BTW, I got stupid and booked another cruise, a 9 nighter out of Cape Liberty on Explorer to Bermuda and the E. Carib. So much for golfing in the DR :D. Seems the better half has taken to cruising like a duck to water, what's a simple fella like me to do? :)

BTW, I got stupid and booked another cruise, a 9 nighter out of Cape Liberty on Explorer to Bermuda and the E. Carib. So much for golfing in the DR :D. Seems the better half has taken to cruising like a duck to water, what's a simple fella like me to do? :)

We should all be so stupid. :) As a matter of fact, I am. Which sailing did you book?

We should all be so stupid. :) As a matter of fact, I am. Which sailing did you book?

May 11, 1st sailing for Explorer out of Cape Liberty this season. Going to drive to a cruise for the 1st time ever, about 8-9 hours. We'll drive in the day before, kinda nice to not fly for once. :)

Archived