so tell me how does the Ol cabin switcharoo work?

Illinoisgal

We have my FIL, my husband and our son booked into a cat 9a, and myself and his wife into a 6a. When we get to the port/ship how do you get the SS cards(keys) and cc info switched?

They are letting us use their Disc so he has to be booked into our 9a, but our PVP said we could just switch once onboard.Each cabin will only be using one CC each for their polio THANKS

RCL will let you switch, Carnival last year gave us a hard time until we talk to the Director. We are ding the switcheroo in April but the two of us switching will not have the room key. Sort of a (pita) but we will get over it. Let me know how it works for you.

burnsie

We did it last year on the Fantasy. We booked 3 rooms and had them all switched around at the pursers desk when we got on board. We booked it that why so we could get our friends the past guest discount. We had no problem and no one gave us a hard time and everything worked out fine on our sail and sign cards and charges.

A

Why are you booked that way? If your son is married, then the age issue does not come into play. Just switch it now.

Because my FIl is an ex marine so doing our cabin with the MIL disc saves us 550 but would only save them 150(they want a 6a, wife gets somewhat seasick), so since we paid for a cruise for them last fall they are getting us the discount so we can get a 9a for our next cruise since we couldnt get a nice one for our honeymoon and we are paying the 150 they would loose for them

If they get another friends and family promo going we are going to switch it around

You can have different credit cards next to each person's name when you set up the sign and sale card. Then when you board, have the purser change the sign and sale to the correct room. If the s&s is also the room key, they are set. If the room key is separate then you just switch them.:p

I heard they charge a 50$ fee to make changes 60 days out from sailing. Do they still charge that once on board to switch around?

the $50.00 is a name change fee-- is someone cancels and you can find someone else to go-- it costs 50.00 to change the names on the booking.

I hear conflicting reports about this changing of the cabins-- when you change the cabins at the pursers desk-- does the whole sign and sail card get changed or do you just get extra cabin keys for this.

SInce Carnival is really cutting back with the way people are being booked.. recent cruisers could answer this one better.

I don't know how Carnival handles the room switching thing, but last November on Norwegian Jewel november I into my brother's cabin (he was alone) and my wife and daughter stayed in the other cabin. They gave me a new cabin key for my brother's room, but in bold letters on the key it said "ROOM KEY ONLY". Obviously, this was to mean that I could not charge anything with that card, but that was fine with me. ;)

My husband and I are both active duty army. My sister had thought about coming along with us and bringing her daughter. Carnival initially told is to book a cabin in my name and one in my husband's name since we are both military. They told us to just switch on board. When I was speaking to a customer service rep a couple of weeks ago, she actually got permission from her supervisor to go ahead and extend the military rate to my sister so we didn't have to do a name change on our cabin. I was shocked they were willing to do this favor for us. Since we could have booked 2 cabins at a discount anyway, perhaps that is why they are being so accommodating? At any rate, I am so happy with the level of customer service I have received from Carnival throughout the booking process. When the price went down, they even gave us an upgrade and OBC. I cannot wait to go on our cruise!

My family of 4 is already booked on Valor for April 8. We are all past guests. My brother's family of 4 may join us for their first cruise. We have our aft balcony and adjacent inside already selected and I expect cruise docs will be put in the mail this week or next (already printed?). Is it worth it this late in the game to try to revise our bookings to technically put one of my boys with my brother and the other with my sister-in-law to get them to discounted cabins? Not sure what the discount would be and certainly don't want to lose our cabin if all they can get is a guaranteed cabin at this late date. Any good advice or horror stories?

Archived