Pic's of Cruise Ships in Port

bymyglass

• 2 weeks later...
Zackiedawg: Lovely crisp pics. What kind of camera are you using?

Thank you...much appreciated. Actually, three different cameras represented in my shots: St. Thomas and Antigua shots were with a Sony DSC-H5 ultrazoom. Aruba and Curacao shots of the Noordam were with a Sony DSLR-A300 (Alpha) with a Sony 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 lens. Martinique, Barbados, and St. Maarten shots of Noordam and P&O were taken with a Sony DSLR-A550 (Alpha) with the 18-250mm lens again, and the Noordam shot in St. Maarten was taken with the Alpha A550 and a Tamron 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 UWA lens.

Thank you...much appreciated. Actually, three different cameras represented in my shots: St. Thomas and Antigua shots were with a Sony DSC-H5 ultrazoom. Aruba and Curacao shots of the Noordam were with a Sony DSLR-A300 (Alpha) with a Sony 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 lens. Martinique, Barbados, and St. Maarten shots of Noordam and P&O were taken with a Sony DSLR-A550 (Alpha) with the 18-250mm lens again, and the Noordam shot in St. Maarten was taken with the Alpha A550 and a Tamron 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 UWA lens.

Great shots. Nice.:)

• 2 weeks later...

boeckli, that pic of the Pacific Dream is the old Celebrity Galaxy isn't it? I miss that ship. I wish it was the ship =X= sent to Baltimore.

Nice ship pics!

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that isn't the old Galaxy (no balconies for one), I guess I miss it so much I don't even recognize it anymore.

Edited by The Grumpus

boeckli, that pic of the Pacific Dream is the old Celebrity Galaxy isn't it? I miss that ship. I wish it was the ship =X= sent to Baltimore.

Nice ship pics!

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that isn't the old Galaxy (no balconies for one), I guess I miss it so much I don't even recognize it anymore.

Thanks, Fred

No it's not the Galaxy (she is now "Mein Schiff") - this one was the "Horizon" (sistership to the Zenith), then became "Island Star" and is now "Pacific Dream" - the "X" is still visible on the funnel incidentally.

Ursula

Thanks, Fred

No it's not the Galaxy (she is now "Mein Schiff") - this one was the "Horizon" (sistership to the Zenith), then became "Island Star" and is now "Pacific Dream" - the "X" is still visible on the funnel incidentally.

Ursula

Yes, the funnel is what fooled me initially & thanks for the ship history lesson. I'll GIS "Mein Schiff" just to see what she looks like today but in the mean time, I'll settle for my favorite picture I took of Galaxy at port in Key West taken quite a few years ago.:)

Galaxy.jpg

Edited by The Grumpus

• 2 weeks later...