Formal Nights

Sailing to the Med for 2 weeks.

Is a ball gown and small diamante tiara a bit O.T.T on formal evenings?

Not if you're Princess Di. LOL but seriously maybe just a little OTT. Actually, you'll see everything from soup to nuts on a cruise these days. BTW I love Blackpool. Spent many a holiday there as a youngster.

Sounds lovely to me. You will see all sorts of degrees of dress; the key thing is to ensure you are comfortable and feel great. If I had a tiara I would wear it. When is your Med cruise; we are on the RCCL Legend of the Seas on August 23rd.

Thank you all for your imput.

Perhaps I will wear the gown but without the tiara. If I see anybody else wearing one I could always go back to the cabin for it. Wouldn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.

Sue: never thought about it filling up the suitcase, glad you pointed that out. We will be travelling to Southampton by car so no worries about having to carry heavy luggage.

Dramaqueen: Are you from the UK originally?

Tomko: We are on the Navigator, 5th May. Only 11 weeks to go and the waiting is getting to me big time :D

Unless you are being crowned the winner of some beauty contest, a tiara (large or small) IS OTT!!!!! Try a sparkly barrette or something if you must have something on your head. Tiaras are "event specific" and a cruise or other "formal" affair is not the place for them.

Unless you are being crowned the winner of some beauty contest, a tiara (large or small) IS OTT!!!!! Try a sparkly barrette or something if you must have something on your head. Tiaras are "event specific" and a cruise or other "formal" affair is not the place for them.

Sorry but I have to agree with CB on this one about the tiara being over the top. If you enjoy wearing the ballgown by all means wear it and have fun but you will see the majority of women in cocktail dresses and men in suits and of course those who dress more casual on formal night. But whatever you wear have a great cruise! :)

Dramaqueen: Are you from the UK originally?

Yes I am. I was born and brought up in Scotland and marrid a USAF guy from Prestwick AFB. Been here for 40 years though but I was in Blackpool last April when we took our DGD to meet relatives and stopped on the way from Manchester airport for old times sake.

We saw several young girls (teens) with them on, with the sparkly glitter in their hair, but not any adults. HOWEVER, I say wear whatever you want to if you like it...because that is all that matters. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your mainly favourable comments.

We are not talking the Crown Jewels here :D just a small discreet one. Maybe I will wear it after all.

Dramaqueen.

Small world isn't it. The times I have passed through Prestwick on our way to holiday in Ayrshire. I adore the West coast of Scotland. :)

Archived