Bargain shopping...

nimbus001

Guys,

I am a total newbie at cruising, and I found this site to be of ENORMOUS help in my research into my upcoming cruise. I am going to be married on May 12th of this year, and I want to book a cruise for my honeymoon. We are both poor students, so I was wondering what is the best way to get the best price for cruising. I am interested in cruising on RCI because my fiancee has cruised with them before and I don't think she is partial to the Carnival atmosphere. Thanks.

-K

If you want to book with RCCL you can keep checking the website and pretend to book. You may qualify for a resident discount (military?). Is you fiance a registered C&A member? If not she should register. There are monthly discounts available. Most of these are for more in the future cruises.

Also, for a cruise in May, you might want to check out Promowave and Happy Hour specials. Also the Hot Deals and Limited time offers on the RCCL website are available. There are a few Limited Time offers out there for onboard credits.

RCCL does not discount to Travel Agents so the prices on their site s/b the same. Sometimes TA gives little perks though.

You did not say where you want to cruise out of. That could also play a part in your decision. (flights or cruise close to home)

I do. :)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

If you want "cheap", try a 4 day cruise leaving on Monday after your Saturday wedding, like the Majesty of the Seas, JUST refurbished.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000TQ3FiK6Wg6y-TmjgMNQF9id:10kohi76p?packageCode=MJ04S014&sailDate=1070514&date=20072&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Sovereign has the same schedule. It has also been refurbished, but not "just now".

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000TQ3FiK6Wg6y-TmjgMNQF9id:10kohi76p?packageCode=MJ04S014&sailDate=1070514&date=20072&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Mid-May is a good time to find lower prices, too. It's not any specific holiday, and it's before almost all schools are out for the summer. Colleges may be out, but not elementary, middle and high schools.

Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials.

I do. :)

Haha...Thanks for all of your help.

I have been thinking a little bit the past few days, and I realize that I might not get a chance to cruise again for a couple of years, and I might not even have a vacation for a while. I am thinking of "splurging" a little bit and go on Liberty OTC's maiden voyage on May 19th. Do you guys think that this is a good idea for the honeymoon? Thanks.

We are in Baltimore, but we are willing to sail out of Miami or other ports. =)

I assume you know that the Grandeur of the Seas sails out of Baltimore. We took her last year to Bermuda and loved it. Looking at the RCI website I see that she is also sailing to New England and Canada out of Baltimore.

Also, the Empress of the Seas sails out of Norfolk to Bermuda from April thru I believe June. Norfolk is not too long a drive from Baltimore - this would save you the cost of flying to Miami. Just a thought!

I have never been on an inaugural sailing, but like anything else that is done for the first time there will most likely be "issues" that need ironing our and changing. I'm sure they transfer their best staff to the new ships, but there are probably new people working on the ship. Certain procedures and policies can get confusing the first time, and a lot of miscommunication could occur. it's similar to buying a new home in a development. If you are the first ones in, there could be issues that will be changed for future purchasers. Since the Liberty is the newest ship, the rates are a little higher than the same room category in a voyager class. Whatever you do, enjoy!

Tasha

Archived