Avoiding topless beaches?

terryflorida

sgriff17 you are toooo funny, lol!!!

I was out in the water floating on my raft and from my raft all of a sudden I see all these 20 something year old women taking off their tops and they all just happened to be sitting/walking pretty much right in front of/around my hubby. He had been sitting/napping in the shade all day without any need for his sunglasses and all of a sudden I see him sitting up frantically searching for his sunglasses (yes he was still sitting in the shade but suddenly he felt the need for some sunglasses)

I still tease him about it to this day!!

I have just been to Palm and Eagle Beach and did nt see any topless people. It would nt have bothered me at all if I had. In Europe it is so common its hard for Europeans to understand why anyone would be bothered by a pair of boobs! Children especially have no interest in them they are far more interested in the beach.

Yes, but you see the problem is not the children, but rather the weird American adults who have turned a pair of boobs into something else. They teach their kids that they should be weird about them too.

I will bet that you are way more up tight about it than your kids will be. I find that after a few minutes, you hardly notice it.

In fact, a really tiny suit with just a bit covered is sexier than topless or nude. Wait till you see a really large woman at a topless beach or a really large man in a tiny speedo. Now that is a sight.

DON

What about the beach right outside the Marriotts? We're staying at the Ocean side. I don't really mind toplessness so long as it's not my wife, just wondering..

There is a chance to see "it" on any beach on the island. Whether or not there will be women topless on the beach where you are in particular is going to be "hit or miss". As has been said previously, toplessness is more prevalent at the low-rise resorts in that many of them cater more to European clientele. I wish I could explain it better than that.

We were on Palm Beach during Christmas and did not see a single woman without a top on. We were in Curacao during the same cruise and there were quite a few woman who were topless on the beach.

In Aruba, if you want to absolutely positively avoid seeing ANY women topless stay on the ship. If you want a good chance of seeing a woman topless your chances will be much better at Eagle Beach than Palm Beach. Yes, you will still have a chance of seeing a topless woman on Palm Beach, but your chances are better at the resorts along Eagle Beach.

This thread is really funny to watch from afar. I love ArubaLisa's analytical approach. Well balanced and factual. You must be an engineer or a scientist.

Big Sky Country,

I agree with you, I am really enjoying reading/posting on this thread as well. ArubaLisa which one is it? Are you the engineer or the scientist?

:D :D LOL! Aptitude tests in high school did suggest some type of analysis career or the Foreign Service. :rolleyes: So I majored in Journalism and with 4 years of college, left just shy of a degree to work full time. I am a jack of all trades having worked everything from a bookeeper at a gas station, to an EMT and on up to white collar management in a Fortune 500 company. Nowadays I get my analytical thinking skills from trying to outsmart an 11 year old dd who thinks she is 40 years old! :rolleyes:

Let me relate to you all that in discussing this thread at the dinner table this evening and frustration at putting into words the topless situation in Aruba, dd said, "They have their tops on or they don't, just depends what people feel like wearing on the beach that day. What's the big deal?"

LOL! Aptitude tests in high school did suggest some type of analysis career or the Foreign Service. :rolleyes: So I majored in Journalism and with 4 years of college, left just shy of a degree to work full time. I am a jack of all trades having worked everything from a bookeeper at a gas station, to an EMT and on up to white collar management in a Fortune 500 company. Nowadays I get my analytical thinking skills from trying to outsmart an 11 year old dd who thinks she is 40 years old! :rolleyes:

Let me relate to you all that in discussing this thread at the dinner table this evening and frustration at putting into words the topless situation in Aruba, dd said, "They have their tops on or they don't, just depends what people feel like wearing on the beach that day. What's the big deal?"

I can relate. I have 2 of them (10 and 8).

No need to be frustrated. You're dealing with a broad audience (but you already know that - being so analytical and all ;) ). Obviously, some people have never been outside of the US mainland and they have never travelled this far, so they have had no other exposure to other cultures.

I was kind of hoping you'd be able to provide a breakdown per Aruban beach on the percentage of toplessness that people should expect to see. If you can break it down into a matrix across the different days of the week, then that would be just perfect. If you can add a male satisfaction rating to it as well, then that would be tops! I assume you already have a scoring system. (LOL! Just kidding... All in good fun!).

I'm an Engineer so I do appreciate your analytical approach to everything. In fact, the way everyone gravitates to your advice, it is obvious you are a very valued contributor. Thanks for all the advice and hope you have a good laugh.:)

Big Sky Country,

Well, I think I can speak for my husband to say that his satisfaction rating was 110% when all those 20 somethings were around him topless (and I must say now that I am a 40 something women I was pretty impressed by all those 20 somethings too-lol)

I would have to say that going to the beach, and seeing a topless female would only allow for some great teaching and moral discussions. Life outside the USA is different and I think kids are old enough to understand that, and yes, to actually SEE it.....

I think some of the teens these days see worse things on the news each night (violence, drugs, crime) and the video games can be even worse.

Go enjoy the beach, and watch the smiles on everyones face!

I was kind of hoping you'd be able to provide a breakdown per Aruban beach on the percentage of toplessness that people should expect to see. If you can break it down into a matrix across the different days of the week, then that would be just perfect. If you can add a male satisfaction rating to it as well, then that would be tops! I assume you already have a scoring system. (LOL! Just kidding... All in good fun!).

I'm an Engineer so I do appreciate your analytical approach to everything. In fact, the way everyone gravitates to your advice, it is obvious you are a very valued contributor. Thanks for all the advice and hope you have a good laugh.:)

I am really stuck trying to figure out how to proportion an allotment for lunch breaks and whether or not that should figure in to the total amount of toplessness per day vs. per hour. Might skew the outcome if too many put their tops on to go eat lunch all at the same time. :D :D

Thanks for your kind words. Nice to know when you are appreciated. I try my best here and in life to be honest and fair. Admittedly I can be biased when it comes to resorts in Aruba and cruise lines, just too hard not to have favorites. Good thing I have only one kid huh? :)

I would have to say that going to the beach, and seeing a topless female would only allow for some great teaching and moral discussions. Life outside the USA is different and I think kids are old enough to understand that, and yes, to actually SEE it.....

I think some of the teens these days see worse things on the news each night (violence, drugs, crime) and the video games can be even worse.

Go enjoy the beach, and watch the smiles on everyones face!

That is certainly what travel is all about! While we were in Grenada, dd said, "They wash their clothes on rocks in the river?" What a great gift for our kids to be taught ALL of these lessons. Our daughter came to us at the age of 8 as a foster child and we adopted her a year later. Taken from a meth addicted mother she knew only too well at the age of 6 when she was removed from the home, way too much about ALL of the bad things in life. As a note to the parents here, and while we are on the subject of drugs, be aware of "Strawberry Quick" meth.

Misskise good point- there are parents who ignore the killing and maiming that their kids see on their computer games and then go shock-horror at the sight of a womans breasts!

Read back through the post....

Think of it this way....

Go to Palm Beach (or Eagle Beach). Just know that some lady could spontaeously take her top off or stroll by without one. It is fairly rare, but they won't get arrested or fined.

The point I'm trying to make is that the vast majority of women were tops. Having said that, there are a lot of Europeans around and we are on their turf.

• 3 weeks later...
In Aruba, if you want to absolutely positively avoid seeing ANY women topless stay on the ship.

Although I did see some lady sunbathing topless (front side up) on the Galaxy. Struck me as sorta exhibitionist-like since Celebrity had a nice topless deck at one end of the ship.

I have a funny story about that topless deck, though ... we were on the ship in Pireaus leaning on the rail (near the aforementioned deck) watching people below straggle back to the ship --- when there was a loud car accident on a street by the dock. It was a spectacular wreck (fortunately, everyone appeared to be okay), and the car burst into flames. Of course, the best place to view the wreck was from the top of the ship, and, guys being guys, all men in the vicinity ran up to the topless deck to gawk at the fire and the Greek fire trucks.

Bon Dia Aruba...May 25,2007 Pages 4,6 article:

....the exposure... A nude picture of a local Parliament member(male) reading a book on a public beach was widely published. This lead into the confession by the member, who stated that..." in full tranquility I went for a swim, upon completion, I wrung my short, looked around and saw no one, then proceeded to read a book for a while". ( in the nude, of course).

...the firestorm...The politicos are at it with the 'morality gauge', resulting in the search and definition of THE LAW, which states per Article 244 of the Penal Code, that nudity (exposure of intimate parts) on a public beach is punishable by one year in prison, or 10,000.00 Guilders.

...result....All hotels will be required to advise their guest , that nudity(bottomless, or topless) is illegal on PUBLIC BEACHES, and whether it is accepted on the hotel property(their discretion).

OMG! The Op is correct to be so concerned. I was on the beach in Aruba and I swear I saw several breasts leave the chest walls they were attached to and go off attacking people! It was an amazing thing to see. Breasts can be dangerous to children and other living things so it is wise and just to be afraid.

Be afraid, be veryafraid. :D :D

OMG! The Op is correct to be so concerned. I was on the beach in Aruba and I swear I saw several breasts leave the chest walls they were attached to and go off attacking people! It was an amazing thing to see. Breasts can be dangerous to children and other living things so it is wise and just to be afraid.

Be afraid, be veryafraid. :D :D

I agree, mine jump off and attack people all the time:eek:

I just have no control over them, the second i take the leash off, it's like they have a mind of their own;)

I've never cruised to Aruba but have been there three times on vacation at three different hotels and saw very little (but did see some) topless women sunbathing. It's not a big deal and very limited in Aruba.

Now if you want a great nude beach in the Caribbean, it's all about Orient Bay in St Martin (that's the French side). Only part of Orient Bay is all-nude and it takes some time getting used to. But if people are into it, that's where to go. Orient Bay also has great snorkeling right off the beach. You don't even need a boat. Just swim and see great stuff or stay on the beach and see some great stuff. :cool: :eek:

I don't think you need to avoid topless beaches just because you have kids. It gives you an opportunity to educate tham about the rest of the world and different cultures. In Panama on the Panama canal cruises, the native Indians there sell their handicrafts and the women are all topless. The men are barely coverd by a loin cloth. Would you avoid getting off the ship and going shopping just because the women are topless? I explained to my two sons (who were 9 and 11) that this is how these people dress as part of their culture. I also told them it wasn't polite to stare and you don't act or treat them any differently.

:) That was refreshing.

The human body is a work of art...ok, some are not masterpieces for sure (like mine...which resembles more of a toddler's scribble with Crayolas:p ) but it's sad when people are shamed by them..sadder yet when they pass the shame on.

I agree, mine jump off and attack people all the time:eek:

I just have no control over them, the second i take the leash off, it's like they have a mind of their own;)

{sigh} mine have fallen and they can't get up.

Archived