Just back from Regatta - Some Observations

WJBonds

I agree with dlb237, a letter to Mr. Del Rio regarding Samana, and any other issues could do wonders if people would just take a moment of their time to do so.

Jancruz1- You mentioned FDR is in Europe, any idea when he will be back or if he still reads this board? What would you suggest to bring Samana and some of the other issues to his attention? It would be great if Oceania could use Cayo Levantado for their "private island" as MSC has.

A few changes could make our next Oceania cruise absolutely perfect.

He should be back at the end of the week ..Yes he does still read the boards..Every customer that fills out the custome sheet when he/she are on board has an influence on the cruiseline..they take those very seriously.

Jan

You are correct..she is being gussied up to match the other 2 ships which have had quite extensive refubishing..

Jaqn

Jan:

We just received Issue 1 of Passages, Oceania's new publication for Oceania Club members; and it notes that Nautica will be out of service for refurbishing in November. This seems very soon for a ship that only went into service a little over a year ago. And it certainly did not seem to need refurbishing when we sailed on it in May. Do you know if there is a reason for this? And what about Insignia? We are sailing on it from Rio to Barcelona in March 2008, and hope it is not the TLC step-child of the fleet.

Phil Haggerty

Jan:

We just received Issue 1 of Passages, Oceania's new publication for Oceania Club members; and it notes that Nautica will be out of service for refurbishing in November. This seems very soon for a ship that only went into service a little over a year ago. And it certainly did not seem to need refurbishing when we sailed on it in May. Do you know if there is a reason for this?

We just disembarked Nautica two weeks ago, and we found it to be in excellent shape; the only suggestion I had on the comment card was to replace the aging TV's with LCD's.

Mike

An additional comment re Samana; Shortly before our 2/13/07 cruise we received an addendum to tours that offered a shuttle to/from Cape Levado without lunch for I think $49pp. Lunch could be purchased. I agree that it would have been nice to have a free shuttle to Cape Levado which was not far away and is suppose to have a good beach. Again, one of the few repetitive complaints is the pricey tours offered by O.

An additional comment re Samana; Shortly before our 2/13/07 cruise we received an addendum to tours that offered a shuttle to/from Cape Levado without lunch for I think $49pp. Lunch could be purchased for ad additional $20. I agree that it would have been nice to have a free shuttle to Cape Levado which was not far away and is suppose to have a good beach. Again, one of the few repetitive complaints is the pricey tours offered by O.

Archived