Hotel mess up

efan82

I just got on a hotel chain's website and reserved a 3 rooms for our group when we fly into Miami in May. The rate listed was 1.99 per room. I went ahead and reserved thinking it would change somewhere in the process, but it didn't and I have even been emailed a confirmation. Can they come back on me and change it later? What should I expect? Do they have to give me this rate now?

I suspect it was just a typo of the decimal point and you need to read the fine print where they say whether they can change the rate or not. Have you tried going to the site again and seeing what the current rate is? I know not as significant but when shopping at Costco I picked up a 4 lb package of meat and it was labeled .08 cents, they honored it at the checkout, hopefully they do for you too.

Please tell, but I think that you will find it was a typo. Did you book through Marriott or through a site like expedia. If through other site, it is their problem not marriotts and you will have to take it up with them, and marriott will charge correct rate

Hi All...New to the site and set for my first cruise in April!

Just a comment about this...for those of us with AAA, the rate is $1.80!!! I live here in S. Florida and want to book it..well....just because!! Unbelievable!

Not true, for AAA it's 2.03 (taxes included) LOL, I just booked 2 rooms for a precruise.

I was in the middle of making my reservation for the $1,70 and it just shutdown and said internet explorer cannot open this site. I went back to the home page and the hotel disappeared from the list....just my luck :rolleyes:

It appears to be gone now. Glad I got in there in time. 2 rooms for the night before the Inaugural of Liberty!!!

It appears to be gone now. Glad I got in there in time. 2 rooms for the night before the Inaugural of Liberty!!!

Yep, lools like someone got wise. I wonder what the protocol is to honor those prices? I know years ago United honored a $5.00 web price that slipped in the system for about an hour.

I think they have fixed the error. Now lets see if they cancel our reservation.

I don't see how they can't honor it. they state in their confirmation that they honor their official confirmation only. Well, this is THEIR official confirmation. I'm sure if enough people complain if they don't honor it, it will get noticed. We'll see. Who is staying there first? My dates are May 18th.

I saw this earlier and was able to book 3 rooms for our October trip. Got the conformations in my email. Now how to find out if they will honnor the price... I am keeping my original Hyatt reservation for now.

Anyone else with a reservation for the Springhill Suites let us know if you find out anything!

Bev

I don't see how they can't honor it. they state in their confirmation that they honor their official confirmation only. Well, this is THEIR official confirmation. I'm sure if enough people complain if they don't honor it, it will get noticed. We'll see. Who is staying there first? My dates are May 18th.

I have no experience personally with this but I booked for early November. I've looked at the fine print and the only thing it says is if there are changes in gov't fees or tax rates the total could change. I would be interested also by others experience.

Archived