Carnival won't allow 2 people in secret cabin. Help!

shipty2

I am on the phone with the PVP from carnival and he is telling me that we cannot have 2 people in 2462 and 2465. He says it is not allowed. I know some on you have stayed here with 2 people. What do I do?

It is a 1A with two big windows and twins beds that convert to king

You might want to check this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=8704394&postcount=12

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8704394#post8704394

Momsoftwins wrote:

i was in cabin 2465 on the glory these past sept and a friend had 2462. we are both solo cruisers and the rooms are great!!!!:D i know now that i will only cruise on newer ships just to get those cabins. on the glory it is one lower and one upper.so you and your hubby wont be able to have joining beds. since i was by myself the upper is in the ceiling and it never came out. the room seems so much bigger due to the lay out of space. lots of storage and a frig that can be emptied out. i heard no noise from dining room above. and the 2 big windows are to die for. i wish i had some pics to share but i dont sorry. i wouldnt pass that room up for nothing. lets just my 2 cents

enjoy

I am on the phone with the PVP from carnival and he is telling me that we cannot have 2 people in 2462 and 2465. He says it is not allowed. I know some on you have stayed here with 2 people. What do I do?
That makes absolutely no sense if they are 1A's - thus a MAX of 2 but not just for 1 - there are 2 beds. Hope you get this worked out.

Okay....if you go solo in these specific rooms (if they don't allow 2 people - which I agree with the above doesn't make any sense), can you pay for only one cruiser.....IOW, no single supplement???

Wonder if the OP is trying to book as a group

We are heading on the Liberty in August with a group- when booking within a group the 1A can only be booked by a solo cruiser.

-- both these cabins are available for our group

for people wondering about the secret cabin-- not all the ships have twin beds so if wanting to sleep together with that special someone make sure you know what you are getting into.

cld it be a capacity/life boat issue? i know that even on the classes of ships which allow 5 in a cabin, you might not be able to get that on a particular sailing if it's booked fairly full at the time you try to book. we were told this is a lifeboat/capacity issue. so, if there are 2 beds in there, which they might otherwise allow for 2 pax, cld it be they are cutting it b/c of something similar like this? if so, is it possible to hop on the next sailing w/ 2 in that cabin?

just curious. what's the rationale for this?

for a group rate we can not take a inside guarantee-- or oceanview gurantee-- we must book at a 4A guarantee and pay the difference--although cheaper but not cheaper then a inside guarantee.

Ship-- you might want to book the cabin as a single.. and book 2 people in a regular cabin. (thats if you got three people going)

it probably will all work out in the end. (especially of you get cabin crediti)

just curious. what's the rationale for this?

The 1A's are typically reserved for singles... not sure the exact rationale, but I know we always get x number of 1A's for single cruisers for the groups...those don't count towards the group.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
for a group rate we can not take a inside guarantee-- or oceanview gurantee-- we must book at a 4A guarantee and pay the difference--although cheaper but not cheaper then a inside guarantee.

Ship-- you might want to book the cabin as a single.. and book 2 people in a regular cabin. (thats if you got three people going)

it probably will all work out in the end. (especially of you get cabin crediti)

O.K. Let me understand this . . . when booking a group cruise, is it 1A's that can't be reserved or is it 2 people in 1A's that is not allowed?

That would explain why all the group cruises I have looked at, the solo price is so much higher than what I can get for myself on the same cruise.

This was actually for my sister's kids (adult kids that is) so they could each have their own room but now some have decided to bring a guest with them. They can do it if they leave the group booking and book individually

O.K. Let me understand this . . . when booking a group cruise' date=' is it 1A's that can't be reserved or is it 2 people in 1A's that is not allowed?

That would explain why all the group cruises I have looked at, the solo price is so much higher than what I can get for myself on the same cruise.[/quote']

you cant book the 1As for a couple on a group cruise. Solo cruising always costs more. (you are paying for two fares minus port charges for one.

Cant understand why you would be charged more for a group then what you find online. The group we are doing is 50.00 cheaper plus the cabin credit.

if a group is advertised and you see the price lower on their web page then please let someone know so they can get that fixed.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
you cant book the 1As for a couple on a group cruise. Solo cruising always costs more. (you are paying for two fares minus port charges for one.

Cant understand why you would be charged more for a group then what you find online. The group we are doing is 50.00 cheaper plus the cabin credit.

if a group is advertised and you see the price lower on their web page then please let someone know so they can get that fixed.

I think the reason why group prices for solo cruisers appear more is because when I look for a price online, I always look at the Cat 1A. I believe many of the group cruises I have looked at are quoting prices for 1-in-a-cabin based on Cat 4A. On a seven day cruise there is a significant difference betwen 1A and 4A.

On the 2/10/07, I was talking to two women on the ship with a group I am loosely affiliated with. They paid $200 more for a cabin right up the hall from me. My cabin was an upgrade based on Cat. 1A price and I believe their cabin(s) were priced at one of the "4" categories.

We are in room 2465 on the Freedom.

Our PVP told us about this room, and told us it DOES

have two twin beds to make into a King...

It also has TWO Full windows.

He told me he is going to go on the Freedom this spring, and was going to check out these cabins. He said we would not be disappointed!!

Anyone know if these cabins on the Conquest have the two full windows? I did call and they said these are upper and lower beds on the Conquest ship. Would these cabins be preferable in that case to the others far forward (which I have stayed in).

Anyone know if these cabins on the Conquest have the two full windows? I did call and they said these are upper and lower beds on the Conquest ship. Would these cabins be preferable in that case to the others far forward (which I have stayed in).

Conquest has two beds on the floor- Only the GLory has the upper and lower bed confrig. Yes the cabin features two full windows. bigger windows than what is featured in an oceanview cabin. (they still dont open though)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2752283290062547426mvydeS

there is a photo of Liberty cabin-- conquest will be about the same

I also booked 2 crusies on the Freedom for these cabins.

My PVP said they have 1 twin and a sofa bed. I booked for the 2 of us anyway.

I'd love to know what is going to be in this room as I'm hearing so many different reports.

Anyone know for certain 100%???

Archived