Hotels in Sydney

spindrift

We are booked into the Mariott Sydney Harbour for 5 nights starting April 8th. We booked on Priceline and got a great rate.

The hotel downtown Sydney is beautiful. The friends we met on our cruise last Nov-Dec. stayed there and we visited with them and it is absolutely beautiful, expensive, but very great. Location is right there at the Circular Quay. We stayed at the Crown Plaza Darling Harbour and walked there every day (six days post cruise) and our hotel was good too, but less expensive.

We are booked into the Mariott Sydney Harbour for 5 nights starting April 8th. We booked on Priceline and got a great rate.

The Sydney Harbour Marriott is one of the most reliable Priceline bidding buys in the world, and great value at the sort of price that it usually goes for. It used to be a Renaissance, so much of the hotel still has the more upmarket feel even though it now bears the lower brand. The location cannot be beaten, most of the rooms have decent views even if not all of them look over the harbour, and all the rooms that I have seen there have been of good size and in good condition. There is also a pretty good buffet breakfast if pigging out first thing in the morning is your thing. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

And that's completely typical of the rate that it goes for on Priceline bidding. As I say, great value considering the high level of confidence you can have that this is the hotel that you are going to get, and that it's a good place in a pretty unbeatable location.

Congratulations, kirky! Hope you enjoy the stay there!

I got the Marriott for 4 days at $150. My daughter is a TA and says she can't touch that rate.

Congratulations.........sure beats our $500+ per night for the period 12/28 to 1/2 (their ""Special Event" rate). :eek:

Archived