Lobster in Chops?

They have lobster in Portofino. It is part of the seafood skewer but was a nice size tail along with the other things.

Sue .... Did you like Portofino? We've never been! Keep hearing that there is massive amounts of food. Would LOVE you opinion ... please!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We shied away from Portofino and tried chops the first couple of times. We tried Portofino on Freedom and now it is my fsvourite. There is really just so much you can do with a steak while portofino had such a great variety!

Sue .... Did you like Portofino? We've never been! Keep hearing that there is massive amounts of food. Would LOVE you opinion ... please!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

LOVED Portofino, the food, the service and the ambiance were wonderful. Each course itself is not large but if you order a selection from each course then it adds up. You know your own appetite so plan accordingly. We started with the tiger shrimp risotto (delicious), I had a few bites, it was absolutely wonderful but I knew with all the other food coming that I had to pace myself. Hubby who is a bigger eater finished his. They made the caesar salad tableside and asked our preferences, ie extra cheese? anchovies? etc. I had the filet mignon, with a demi-glace sauce that was to die for and hubby had the seafood skewer, The presentation alone was worth ordering it. By the time we got to dessert I was pretty full, so I sampled some and the waiter wrapped up the rest and we took it back to the room. All this for $20 per person, how can you go wrong.

Just returned from Jewel of the Seas 8 day cruise and went to Portofino and Chops. No lobster at Chops--lots of steak choices, lamb even a chicken breast==but no lobster. Portofino had lobster as part of the skewer which is a beautiful presentation. On our ship (8 day Jewel) Lobster is served on Friday night (the last formal night). For 2100 guests the Exec chef told me they had 1900 lobsters!

As well stated, nope regarding lobster at Chops. Totally agree that the Portofino seafood skewer is worth it just for the presentation!

We did multiple nights in Portofino last time on the Radiance, and got to know our server and the restaurant manager a bit (it was also our second time on the ship that year and they appreciated us returning), and we got them to vary the menu a bit for us the last night of the cruise to get a bit extra lobster when we were one of the few tables with guests in Portofino.

I would go to Portofino every night if I could. The food in there is the best of all the restaurants. The ribbon pasta with mascarpone mushroom sauce is nirvana. The steak is better as far as I am concerned than it is in Chops.

I haven't had the skewer with the lobster on it, but it sure does look good. I haven't ever been able to finish all my dinner, and we have taken our desserts back to our cabin. There is so much food served in Portofino. I can hardly wait to get back there again.

Katie

We love both them both.

Do not remember what Voyager class ship was the first..but when we were ion her and they had opened the first Chops..I had said it had the look and feel of the Morton's steak chain..the Matre'd said that is exactly what it was based on.

Can not wait to TA going to both..yummy

Archived