Which w/Children-Celeb. Summit,Galaxy or Coral Princess?

de13

We are looking at cruises for next March around Easter time. They all go about the same itinerary, western Carribean with Panama. The Celebrity ships have better prices though.

Which ship do you think will be the best for a family, traveling with a 5 and 10 year old? We do like bigger ships with more choices, though the food and service are important to my husband and me. We need to find a comfortable middle for us and the kids!

I can't find out too much about the actual kids club space. We have been on RCCL, Carnival, Norwegian and I just returned from Sapphire Princess. I wish my kids were with me on that one! Great kids club!

So does anyone know much about these ships for children?

Thank you!

We were on the SUmmit 2 years ago in December without the kids. We hardly ever saw any kids the whole cruise long. I will say this to you. We found out the last day that there were 500 children on board in the kids club. They must have been having a pretty good time in the kids club b/c we never saw them elsewhere on board.

As far as choices, there are plenty as Summit is a large ship. The food and service would also not be a dissapointment. I am sure you and your husband would be very happy. If you have never been on Celebrity before, the atmosphere is more elegant than RCCL or NCL.

I think this website has some pictures of the Summit. http://www.virtualtoursusa.com CLick on Gallery of Experience, chose cruise ships and the Celebrity Summit.

Good Luck. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

de13...... Celebrity has a very high quality children's program. We have been on three of their ships (Century, Mercury & Summit) with our children. My children love Celebrity.

We also were on Princess....and my children were not very content with the program.

Celebrity does have the best food! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Constellation (sister ship to the Summit) and they had a great program. The kids LOVED the entire cruise experience and they have even agreed to give up some of their Christmas presents for another cruise this year! They are ages 7 and 8. My husband and I also feel that the dining and atmosphere is important ....Celebrity really seems to fulfill all of our needs.

I too think that Celebrity is a great line for both the adults and for the children. They have a solid children's program. When our children were younger we sailed Celebrity six times and our children always enjoyed the cruises.

Keith

Archived