C&A Party Question

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is a past guest party (AKA C&A party) for anyone who's been on at least one RCCL cruise and has applied for C&A, correct? Now, since kids can't be members, will they be able to come along, or is the party 18+?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is a past guest party (AKA C&A party) for anyone who's been on at least one RCCL cruise and has applied for C&A, correct? Now, since kids can't be members, will they be able to come along, or is the party 18+?

My kids have always gone with me, but they are C&A in their own right. Even before they turned 18, I took them. They were served punch or soda or something.

There are free drinks served, so I would think it is not kid friendly!

We had no problem taking them to the past cruisers and captain's cocktail parties on Carnival this past summer. There were quite a few kids there since it was right before or right after dinner, so they had juice cocktails for the the little ones.

My son, 9, went to both our Jan and Feb one. The wait staff immediately asked him if he would like a soda or juice and he even spoke with one of the ship's officers. Our repeaters parties were both a time when the kids program was closed, and they can't possibly expect you to leave a young chid unattended. Bring them, they will a drink and a few muchies, listen to a short speech and itroduction of some of the ship's heads, and then you are pretty free to head out.

After being to a few of these, I don't see why you shouldn't take the kids; as long as they are "well-behaved." Haven't seen anything bizarre happening at the C&A parties; sorta boring actually (IMO).

We've always taken our kids along and they have been welcomed and offered soda or juice. They are repeat cruisers and will be platinum going on diamond when they turn 18 and can officially join C&A.

I did see something in an article a week or so ago that referenced a kids loyalty program for RCL. The article said it was in the final stages of planning but there were no details.

We bring our kids if they want to go. Never had a problem with them going. I am pretty sure they only do the Welcome Back on 7nt and longer cruises. (Unless that has changed)

I guess it changed then or it was a one time thing for us.... we were on the Sovereign a while back and the snotty LA at the time was very rude when she said they don't do them on anything less than 7 nights. Which was funny because I was asking her about the Plat/Diamond Repeaters party and she didn't know the difference ;) Then when she showed up at the Repeaters Party all she did was bash the American School systems. (Her kids are in some boarding school somewhere...LOL) I am hoping she is no longer with the company...she was a piece of work.

;)

No problem taking your kids..........although I think they would be bored to death.........after 10 of these........you can almost recite the speeches they are going to give..........don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative......but usually see fewer than 10 kids at these things.

We were on the Sovereign both Jan and Feb, three night cruises, and we had the repeaters party.

Meet and mingles are only 7 nights or longer.

The welcome back party on the short cruises is for Plat/Diamond members. On the RCI website it's referred to as a "special onboard event" Only the 7 night & longer have a party for all repeat cruisers. Looking forward to my Mariner cruise when I'll have a Meet & Mingle, Welcome Back Party AND a Plat/Diamond party. :D

The welcome back party on the short cruises is for Plat/Diamond members. On the RCI website it's referred to as a "special onboard event" Only the 7 night & longer have a party for all repeat cruisers. Looking forward to my Mariner cruise when I'll have a Meet & Mingle, Welcome Back Party AND a Plat/Diamond party. :D

I learn something again...I didn't think we would have a welcome back party this April on our 5 day cruise on the Explorer..we're plat level.

thanks..

Does anyone know what night it happens on Freedom? We are going at the end of April.

It is on the first formal night. The Captain's Cocktail Party is on the other, Captain's Gala, formal night.

We've always taken our kids to the repeaters' party. They just enjoy their fruit punch (or, in one case, spill it all over their beloved Daddy :)), a couple canapes, and the attention from staff and other cruisers. It's a very quick and low-key party, but a nice one.

On sailings with less than seven nights, the party is only for Platinum members and above (as stated earlier). When we went, it was in the afternoon, up in the Viking Crown. It was a glass of champagne, a few canapes, a quick chat with a couple staff members, and back down to the barbeque.

D

I was invited to the Welcome back party on the 5-night Enchantment last month. At the time I was only at Gold level. Drinks were Champagne and Fruit Punch. Didn't check out the food as it was right after dinner. There was live music/dancing as well as brief speeches/Q&A from CD, captain, and LA.

Archived