Rock Climbing Wall and Other 1st Day To Do's

I heard you have to put you're name in VERY early to be able to use the rock climbing wall. Is this true? Can you make an appointment to do this days in advance or is their just a line to do this.

Also, any advice on things you should do when you first board the ship? (i.e. check out where you're sitting for dinner, etc).??

I have yet to do the rock wall. I have sworn I was going to do it ever since Voyager, but there is just not enough time! I think it is just wait in line, I haven't heard anything about making reservations. I am seriously going to try and do it next month, if I get time :rolleyes: ;) .

I always go and check the dining room and find my table and make specialty restaurant reservations on the first day, maybe book an excursion or two that I didn't have time to book online, and thats about it. Just enjoy the ship before everybody boards!

Does it really matter where you're sitting at dinner? It's the company at the table, not the location, that makes for a memorable evening! One of our best tables was actually near the kitchen--our tablemates were super, and the service was fast and exemplary!

Just check your compass when you get to your cabin, for an overview of what's going on. Explore the ship a bit, to get a feel for her, then start partying! If you want reservations at a specialty restaurant, and know when you want to go, book it. If you aren't sure, you can wait--they are seldom full!

I heard you have to put you're name in VERY early to be able to use the rock climbing wall. Is this true? Can you make an appointment to do this days in advance or is their just a line to do this.

Also, any advice on things you should do when you first board the ship? (i.e. check out where you're sitting for dinner, etc).??

No reservations for Rock Wall. Just show up during the time that it is open and wait for your turn.

It is always a good idea to locate your table so that you can head straight to it when dinner rolls around. Much easier than wandering around in the herd.

If your ship has a specialty restaurant, and you want to eat there, this is a good time to make your reservation.

Ditto on spa appointments.

The best thing to do? Walk around and marvel at your magnificent home for the next _____ days.

:)

Check the times that the rock wall is open and be there right when it opens (any day, doesn't have to be the first day). We usually try to find a port day when some folks are either just coming back or still ashore and go at 5 (seems like it usually opens those days at 5). Never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so.

We also go find our table so we know where it is for dinner the first night.

Take lots of pictures - especially if you board earlier than most

Honestly, if the rock wall, in line skating and or ice rink are important to you, do them early in the cruise.

Bad weather/sick staff members can shut down the wall, and you may not get another chance. Not likely, but possible. The ice rink open skate times can change and it always seems like we put it off and then never get to go. We have dumbly assumed that it would be open on the last day and that isn't always the case. Do them early just to check them off your list if they are important ;)

Archived