***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Hi All...........

Terminal was a zoo, but WE MADE IT! Boarding was easy peasy if you happened to be Elite. We are. :) Luggage hasn't surfaced yet. We were supposed to depart at 6:00; Captain made announcement that perhaps we'll sail at 7:00. Don't know how; they are still loading luggage. Lots of complaints, but this too shall pass.

Had a small Cruise Critic meeting at 5:00; had to be short due to muster at 5:15-30. Hopefully we'll all meet later, tomorrow, whenever......que sera.........

Tony & I have spoken via telephone, but no up close and personal yet. He needed a nap to start the cruise. Milt and I are going to Personal Choice dining at 6:45. To be continued.....

Arlene

Hi Arlene

It will interesting to see how long this thread exists. We were to have been on this cruise also, but had to cancel, as you may recall.

Tell Tony to give an extra blast on the whistle (horn) if he gets the chance.

Bon voyage.

Hi All...........

Terminal was a zoo, but WE MADE IT! Boarding was easy peasy if you happened to be Elite. We are. :) Luggage hasn't surfaced yet. We were supposed to depart at 6:00; Captain made announcement that perhaps we'll sail at 7:00. Don't know how; they are still loading luggage. Lots of complaints, but this too shall pass.

Had a small Cruise Critic meeting at 5:00; had to be short due to muster at 5:15-30. Hopefully we'll all meet later, tomorrow, whenever......que sera.........

Tony & I have spoken via telephone, but no up close and personal yet. He needed a nap to start the cruise. Milt and I are going to Personal Choice dining at 6:45. To be continued.....

Arlene

Arlene,

I was reporting on the other thread, that you were late, thanks for the confirm.

So glad to hear from you!:)

Let the "Live from" Begin!:eek:

Tony,

Wake up & get started;)

Your Vacation is over!:D

Bill(MTA)

Hi Arlene!

I guess they haven't sorted the mess at the terminal... we had a horrible boarding on Feb.12 too...

Did you enjoy BA? Which tango show did you end up at?

Wishing you a marvelous time!!

Tony:

I guess we missed each other on your last leg before returning to MOntreal - you really chose your time to get back home... god it was cold!! I hope your return from Valparaiso went well!!

Have fun on this one!!

MC

OK.....we sailed. Ship was delayed until well past 8; luggage didn't get loaded until then. Weather also miserable; rain rain rain all day; finally cleared a bit around 6:30. No more rain now. Just to keep you all aware of time element, we are 2 hours ahead of you and going to 3 tomorrow; clocks get pushed ahead tonight.

Obviously Tony is allowing me to wing it; eventually he'll surface. Soon, I hope.

Went to dinner with a nice couple from our roll call; they're from San Antonio. Personal choice at 6:45 had no wait at all. In fact Donatello diningroom seemed to have openings the entire time we were there (and we were there for two hours). Dinner for me was spring rolls, caesar salad and two bites of prime rib with broccoli. No dessert. Milt did much better. :D

We are not going to the Welcome Aboard show, nor the movie they are showing ("Evita") pretty soon. We didn't get our luggage until after 9:00 and just spent the preceding hour unpacking and settling in. Our cabin (mini) has lots of space. I took too much, but could have packed more. ;)

Marie-Claude: We went to the Tango show at Piazzolla; not impressed and would not recommend it. Our seats though were awesome; first table center near stage.

Michael: I do recall you were booked with us. Sorry not to have met you. YET. I will try to keep this thread on topic in order to keep us out of Floataway.

Thank you all for being here. Nothing remarkable as yet. Need to be up real early for early (private all day) tour in Montevideo.

Arlene

Hi Arlene. . . I'm curious what it was about the Tango show that you didn't like. We also went to one at Piazzolla and loved it. I liked the fact that it wasn't a big Las Vegas still production. Just the dancers, singers and the wonderful band (or would you call that an orchestra?). I guess it just proves that not everyone will like the same thing.

Where did you stay while in BA?

Archived