Category 1A on Legend

Kerrid

If available, you can pay for a "same day as embarkation" upgrade. Free "upgrades" are solely the decision of Carnival's corporate headquarters. Not the ship itself. Booked five 1A cabins...got just that four times. And some of the Fantasy-class ships I booked also have just a handful of such cabins

Can you request a cabin choice? Id pick one of the 1A that you can see out of if they are not all taken. I love 1As.

None of the (5) 1A cabins on Spirit Class ships have portholes or windows. They do all have 2 twin beds, which makes it nice.

None of the (5) 1A cabins on Spirit Class ships have portholes or windows. They do all have 2 twin beds, which makes it nice.

OP said she booked on Legend, I can see several port hole 1As, front of Riveria deck and front of Main deck, I think the diamond looking shapes are the port holes?

OP said she booked on Legend, I can see several port hole 1As, front of Riveria deck and front of Main deck, I think the diamond looking shapes are the port holes?

Those are 6a Ocean view and 4b cabins. On the Spirit class ships the 1a cabins are 1111, 1247,1249,1257,1259. For some reason on the website they are grey in color, but they are cream colored in the brochure.

Here is the deck plan (Riviera) Legend

LERIVIERA2.GIF

If we book a category 1A is there a good chance we'll get upgraded as I see there aren't that many 1A's on there? On the day of the cruise will they upgrade if you ask?

Thanks!

an outside obstructed view cabin when I booked my 1A GTY on the Legend (out of NY). Most other times when I've booked a 1A GTY, I've usually ended up in a 4A.

My DF and I both booked 1A cabins GTY on our last cruise in Jan. Got upgraded to two 5A cabins with 2 port-hole windows. It was great cause we both were expecting bunk beds in our cabins...but got really nice, larger cabins with twin beds. We even got cabins next to each other. So upgrades DO happen!

Good Luck...hope you get one also!

If you book your cruise as a 1A somewhat early most likely you will be moved up to atleast a 4A. Ive done it twice as a single cruiser. I just book a 1a and select to have Carnival pick my room that way they have the option to upgrade me.

• 4 years later...

If you book a 1A with a cabin number your chances of being upgrade is minimal.

If looking for an upgrade you need to book inside guarantee.

You can not state what level. Its inside guarantee o Oceanview guarantee.

This is a VERY old thread

You can not book a 1A guarantee today. Its inside guarantee-

This has probably been asked, but the 1As on the Spirit class, do they all have 2 lower beds?

Yes

\

to Is it still a Legend-- are you sure you just didnt book inside guarantee? and they had a free upgrade? Because I was under the impression you could not book a 1a guarantee.

This thread is 5 years old, back then it was pretty common to book 1a GTY on Spirit class ships, it was a great way to get an upgrade, since there are very few insides.

Archived