booked thru travel agent...call RRCL

I booked an Alaska cruise through a travel agent. When I called RCCL they said I still owe money, the whole thing. This is not right, I pd cash for the cruise up front. So when does RCCL get their money so they know I pd in full? I know you cant get any help from the cruiseline it self when you book thru a TA.....should I be worried?:eek:

I booked an Alaska cruise through a travel agent. When I called RCCL they said I still owe money, the whole thing. This is not right, I pd cash for the cruise up front. So when does RCCL get their money so they know I pd in full? I know you cant get any help from the cruiseline it self when you book thru a TA.....should I be worried?:eek:
You should have been credited as soon as you pd. Your TA is not doing their job. Hopefully your TA is not a crook. A good reason among others to pay with a credit card.

It is a shame you paid cash, at least if you use a credit card you can dispute it and the credit card company will check into it. I hope you have resolution of this, how long ago did you pay? I would definitely be in that travel agent's office, and speaking with a supervisor to boot!

I paid in cash in October, and the price of the cruise has gone up according to the man from rccl that I spoke with today. Yes, I will be her on door step on Monday. I believe she is honest and will not screw me out of this. She did write me a receipt. So I will keep you posted. Thanks for replying to my msg. Meltiphil;)

Sorry to disappoint you...but you probably still owe the new Alaska Cruise Ship Passenger Tax. Which is $49.31 per person and was added retroactively to all Alaska sailings this year. It was around Oct/Nov. Unfortunately all Alaska cruisers on all lines are being surprised with the additional cost, even those that were paid in full. :) I am just guessing that there was a misunderstanding over "full amount" VS. not paid in full.

When you pay cc, the thing I like is that it's the line that shows up on your bill, not Bob's Travel agency. To me, this means that the line is getting my money and not some TA that could disappear before my cruise.

I wonder if your TA has the $$ in an account collecting interest until final payments are due?

Yes, it is quite possible that the TA didn't put through the final payment yet. My TA last year did this and when I questioned her on it, she told me "oh, don't worry about it, we have 7 more days to put it through". I told her in no uncertain terms that she was to put it through immediately. One rule of thum, do not pay in cash, then you do not have as much recourse. But, the good thing is you have a receipt! I am sure you will be fine :D

well at least you have a receipt,but id have her put that thru immediatly,then check to make sure its done,then fill out boarding pass and print it:)))),and pay with cc next time,then you can switch it to cash later when you are onboard,have a great cruise and be carefull:));) :p

Archived