Vision of the Sea Party??

Hello

We are going soon on the Vision of the Sea to Mexico April 15th. I wanted to see if anyone knows what day of the week in the Tropical Party when they ask you to wear Tropical Style clothes. Im trying to plan the clothes. Do they still have an 70 or 80s night? Also do they still have the passenger talent show?

Its been about 5 years since I've been on the Vision.

Keep the Dice Hot and the Drinks Cool

Thanks

Brenda and Bob

Doesn't everyone wear "tropical" clothes all the time??? Almost every cruise I've been on, at least 95% are wearing summery, flowery, hawaiian style clothing! (We've never had a "Tropical Party!")

Sailing out of LA can be quite chilly, so lots of pax dress much more warmly than they do in the Caribbean.

To the OP, sorry, I can't help you with your questions.

There is a Tropical Party after the late Dinner on a certain night.

They have it at the pool deck. Sometimes the waiters put on a show, there is food and drinks dancing. They suggest on the Compass that night to wear Tropical style. Does this sound familiar now?

Also there is a 70-80 party also.

Anybody else know which days they are?

Thanks Brenda Shaw/bp

There is a Tropical Party after the late Dinner on a certain night.

They have it at the pool deck. Sometimes the waiters put on a show, there is food and drinks dancing. They suggest on the Compass that night to wear Tropical style. Does this sound familiar now?

Also there is a 70-80 party also.

Anybody else know which days they are?

Thanks Brenda Shaw/bp

Just saying Howdy neighbor!

My Compasses for 12-24-06 are posted at Cruisedailies.com. Looking thru them; 70's Disco Inferno with the Not So Village People was Day 2 (formal night) from 11:30 PM - 1:00 am in teh VCL, Latin Fiesta was Day 3 (10:45 pm - 11:30 pm in the VCL then at 11:45 it became the usual Dancing to the Top Discs, Day 4 was Rock 'n Roll Reunion from 10:30 - 11:30 pm in the Some Enchanted Evening lounge, Day 5 was the Dancing Under the Star Deck Party/poolside midnight BBQ, they were country line dancing. Day 6 was 80's Retro Retreat in the VCL and Big Band Bash in the Champagne Terrace. Day 7 was the farewell party. There are karaoke contests but no talent show in general.

There was no tropical night per se.

I was under the impression that RCI no longer has the karaoke contests. Something about AI not liking RCI's format.

Hello to Peoria and Surprise neighbors. I'm in Surprise too.

Before you ask, no, I'm not a snowbird, I'm a sunflower. ;) I show up in the summer months too. :D

Archived