upgrade price difference question

Taf

Can anybody tell me how they price the upgrades on what you have already booked?

Do you pay the diference between the current prices of the categories, or the difference between what you paid when you booked and the current price of the upgrade cabin?

Hope this makes sense!??? Thanks!

Can anybody tell me how they price the upgrades on what you have already booked?

Do you pay the diference between the current prices of the categories, or the difference between what you paid when you booked and the current price of the upgrade cabin?

Hope this makes sense!??? Thanks!

You pay the going rate for the new cabin and they credit you what you've pd. You owe the difference.

You will pay whatever the going rate is for the catagory you will be upgrading to. (sorry about ending with a preposition!!!!)

If you stay in the same catagory, and move locations, the price should remain the same.

In other words, if the price has risen since you booked, you will pay the difference from your old rate to whatever the new prices are for the cabin you now want.

How confusing!!!!

If you decide to wait until you board (and there are better cabins avail.) you can upgrade at the pier for less--but since ships sail full, that's hard to come by!

Thank you both - all is now clear.:(

The current price difference between the cats. is only 100 bucks, but since the price has aready risen so much since I origionally booked, the difference for me to upgrade would be much more! So basically, you pay the price it is now - if it has gone down yipee, if it has gone up then you loose all the early booking benefits you had!! Just before I booked the price difference was still only 100 bucks, but when I actually booked the upper catagory was sold out so I couldn`t book it. Now they have suddenly become free again at a much higher price!!!????

Oh well, at least I`ll be on board:D

Interesting question because I had the same situation. I booked my next cruise in January and then decided to upgrade to a D1 balcony. The upgrade price was the difference between the current price for my cabin and the price of the new cabin. This meant that I would have to pay over $300 plus the upgrade price. This was because my cabin had risen in price by $300 since I booked it.

I emailed RCI and asked them why I was being penalised for booking so early and they just said that I had to pay the difference plus the upgrade.

I then sent them an email and made a business proposition to them!! My original cabin was an inside but there were none now listed as being available while there were plenty of D1 balcony's available. I told them that they could easily resell my cabin at the current price (which was an extra profit of $300). Plus they would be selling me a D1- balcony, which was not presently selling but which I would pay FULL price for - if... they gave me an on board credit for the $300.

Did it work?? I'm now booked into stateroom 7112 - D1 Balcony - for Transatlantic Tampa to Barcelona - April 21st.

Never take no for an answer!!

Archived